Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently accuired my new wife a 06 300c :24: . i took her out for a spin last weekend was impressed .and am looking for advice on how to handle her . 1ST RUN IN 25 YRS ON 1/8 MI I hope to find some good info on this site and I'm sure I will. Currently I'm looking for the rite steps in upgrades in performance for a all stock 5.7 . where to get upgrades ,and compare results of other owners improvements. I believe researching a subject can help with a possitive out come. with the least painfull expence. we all know the less something cost the more we can do .SO I'm looking @cost as well gains in performance. aren't we all? RT.420 60FT-2.035 330-5.82 1/8-8.989 MPH- 78.76 ESP ON AND RUNNIN 87-OCT :cool:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I recently accuired my new wife a 06 300c :24: . i took her out for a spin last weekend was impressed .and am looking for advice on how to handle her . 1ST RUN IN 25 YRS ON 1/8 MI I hope to find some good info on this site and I'm sure I will. Currently I'm looking for the rite steps in upgrades in performance for a all stock 5.7 . where to get upgrades ,and compare results of other owners improvements. I believe researching a subject can help with a possitive out come. with the least painfull expence. we all know the less something cost the more we can do .SO I'm looking @cost as well gains in performance. aren't we all? RT.420 60FT-2.035 330-5.82 1/8-8.989 MPH- 78.76 ESP ON AND RUNNIN 87-OCT :cool:
Welcome!!! You said you're looking for advice on "how to handle her". I hope you're taking about the car and not your wife...haha. Can't help you in that department, but probably everyone's gonna say get yourself a CAI and a Diablo Predator for the best bang for the buck.

EDIT: I just noticed you're using 87 octane. You're car requires 89.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well, I can't tell if you acquired a new wife or acquired a 300c for your new wife, lol!

Rambit's advice is a good place to start. Make the "Search" feature at the top of the page your friend. Simply type in short phrases on what you are seeking. It's amazing how much information you will find to read and assist you.

Something you could check for are TSBs for your 300c that might be needed (once you get to know your car).
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/15480-tsbs-complete-list-all-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2008-lx-models.html

Anyway, feel free to ask for assistance or advice.

Welcome to the forums!
bruno

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As far as performance upgrades, heads, cam, predator custom tune is fairly cheap way to go. You can check out the supporting vendor section for sellers.... maybe 2-4k price to start with decent gains.

Other than that, or Nitrous..... not much else in the way of easy HP gains that would make a big difference. IMO.

Check out http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/ for some ideas!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Info, Looking At Dynosteves Supercharger System And Waiting On Some More Info There Also. That Would Make A Difference Huh?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Thanks For The Info, Looking At Dynosteves Supercharger System And Waiting On Some More Info There Also. That Would Make A Difference Huh?
That'll get the "wife" movin' her ass...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Makin, Congratulations on your new car from Scotland - I am sure you will soon have it up to the performance levels you want. Can't give you any advice on that score though as my car is powered by a 3 litre diesel engine courtesy of Mercedes Benz. With petrol (gas) over here at 1.10 UK Pounds per litre and Diesel slightly dearer you can understand why the Diesel is favoured by so many of us.
I am surprised no one has commented on your "name". God but is that appropriate!! I like the way you think.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I recently accuired my new wife a 06 300c :24: .
I think you're saying the C is your new wife, right? As in,
"I see you got a 300C."

"Yes. I got it for my wife."

"Good trade, man. Good trade!"
Can't help on your slip, but just wanted to welcome a fellow Carolinian. This is a great place full of great people with lots of good help. Glad you found it!

Oh, and as for a CAI, the Airhammer and the AFE Stage II are the only ones with proven hp bumps. There's a thread on the LXforums on a comprehensive test. The Great Intake Face Off - RESULTS! - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
confusion cleared up

to those of you out there thats not sure what I said, this should clear it up for good!!!! I like good looks and performance. the old wife complained too much ( A human) so I left her at the curb! Now I have a new wife, The 300c, it doesn't caugh, wheeze or complain , AND HASN'T SEEMED TO MIND HAVING THE HELL DROVE OUT OF IT. and the more i think of her and the gifts she recieves ,the better we get along!!!!!!!!!! now that says it! mankin payments and there worth it this time.:arms:

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Throw in a 180*F t-stat (AutoZone #4128, approx. $13) with the CAI and Diablo Predator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts