Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you got the 300C as a luxury car? I did not get this car to be a hot rod but I do love the 390 ft lbs of torque. I traded in a BMW 528i which was a fine automobile but it was just plain boring. What do you think, does the 300C fit the bill as a true luxury car?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Guys,

As I've said before "this car reminds me of Chrysler of the 50's" when they were on the same playing field with Lincoln and Cad. :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got this as a Luxury Performance Sedan to replace our 8 year old Cadillac STS. Considered a Deville DHS, a used STS or this offering. The "C" won, hands down!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes Indeed

pd171 said:
What do you think, does the 300C fit the bill as a true luxury car?
Yes indeed the C definetly fit the bill as a true luxury car with a lot of power underneath! :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
pd171 said:
How many of you got the 300C as a luxury car? I did not get this car to be a hot rod but I do love the 390 ft lbs of torque. I traded in a BMW 528i which was a fine automobile but it was just plain boring. What do you think, does the 300C fit the bill as a true luxury car?
Excellent question. Here is a list of some of the cars my wife and I have owned in the last 15 years:
  • 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8);
  • Olds Aurora (initial V8 model);
  • Buick Riviera;
  • Cadillac DeVille;
  • Olds 98 Touring;
  • Pontiac Bonneville SSE;
  • Chrysler 300M Special;
  • Ford Thunderbird;
  • Mustang GT Cobra V8;
Based on this experience, I rate the 300C as:

• The quietest
  • The most ergonomic
  • The quickest
  • the best handling
  • the best brakes
  • Most comfortable seats
  • The most stylish
  • The most adaptable in all driving conditions (even better than the Jeep)
  • the most attitude
  • the most integrated "together" car
  • The most amount of "toys" (I'm still finding new features)
  • The most fun to drive
The conclusion? The 300C is definitely a true luxury car. You have to go to cars $20K or more to match its package.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know... it is a nice car, and has some nice luxury features, but I just don't consider it in the same luxury brand as some of the others. Then again, I don't view caddilac and lincon to be that much of a luxury brand anymore either. It is they lack many things that are seen some of the higher end german/japanese cars, especially when it comes to interior fit and finish.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great car, with a very nice luxury ride, but this is more what I call entry level luxury cars. If I wanted pure lux I would have chosen something a bit different and skipped on the the crazy cool engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see a luxury car being made by a luxury brand, which the 300c is not. I see luxury brands such as cadillac, mercedes, bmw, lexus, range rover, ect. They have always made luxury cars, and never let there bar down as far as production and status, and for a company that made the pt cruiser just is not luxury... Dont get me wrong, the 300c is a great car, and as close to luxury as a chrysler can get, when you talk to some one about status, luxury, and money related issues chrysler does'nt really come to mind. I think chrysler has created a new name, the "almost" luxury car!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not that easy...

I don't think the C is that easy to define - it's more of a brand new category.
It's a hot rod 4 door sedan with great handling, a smooth but not cushy ride,
a nice but not plush interior , enough power to satisfy any enthusiast. I think
it's more of a 4 door sports car than a luxury car. Luxury cars are designed for
smoothness, quietness and "plushness". The C is designed for power and handling, with an interior appealing to the eye but not soft to the touch. It is a whole new marketing niche.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It kind of reminds me of many mopar rides from the 60's and 70's that I used to own. Almost every Chrysler, Dodge or Plymouth that I drove had a 440 in it. The 300c feels something like a '66 New Yorker and a 69 Charger R/T all rolled into one...but it's just so much more refined. When I STEP on it, it feels and sounds soooo sweet like one of those old muscle cars, but probably gets double the mpg. When I'm just cruisin it's something like that New Yorker but much quieter and more finely tuned. This car is so retro and modern at the same time!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with all of the above and then some the C is the car that Nissan wanted when it made the four door sorts car slogan for the Maxima! The best of all worlds was created with this car..................luxury maybe...........plush....maybe not..............exciting, exhilerating. exhalting, u bet! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in full disarray about this car! I have completely fell in love with this vehicle, because of the fact that the luxury in a sedan, and the power of a sports car (which is something that I have always wanted, but just couldn't AFFORD it!), has been beautifully made, and doesn't cost more than my house! Chrysler has done something that most of the car manufacturers could have done, but they just keep pushing the price points up, and up, making the cars virtually unaffordable for the masses!

I believe the 300C has or needs to have its own category, because for the money, there is not a car on the market today that can touch it! IMHO

·
Registered
99 Posts
Having enjoyed the "scoot" from my 1995 T-Bird V8 (and having it totaled while I was in it), I wanted a bigger safer car. I have been frothing at the mouth since DCX announced that the Hemi would go into vehicles besides their trucks, and the 300C was over the top with the looks and performance features. SilverHemi coverd most of my points not covered here.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ask the BMW 740, the Mercedes S500 or the Porsche staring at a stop light. They are all wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I see a luxury car being made by a luxury brand, which the 300c is not
Yeah because a rebadged Toyota called a Lexus is so much nicer. :rolleyes: I am done owning "Luxury" cars because of their name.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Excellent question. Here is a list of some of the cars my wife and I have owned in the last 15 years:
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8);
Olds Aurora (initial V8 model);
Buick Riviera;
Cadillac DeVille;
(snip)
How did you like the DeVille? I picked up a '97 that was driven by a little old lady for 51k miles. To me it's in a totally different class than the C. The Caddy gives a big, soft, comfortable ride that feels like your floating on a cloud. This is my car that I use to leave 5 minutes early to go somewhere and take that trip without any hurry. The 4.6 Northstar has to move alot of weight but it does it pretty good.

The 300C has a totally different look and feel. The ride is very comfortable without having a floaty feel. Handling is much more responsive and there is much more power under the right foot to get this car moving. The Caddy is luxury while the C is a luxury sports car (at least to me).

2005 Sierra HD (CC,LB, DA) - on order - due mid December
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order - due someday
2005 300C - Mods going on now!
2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more - buy me!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79 - buy me!
2001 Grand Prix GTP - buy me!
1997 Cadillac Deville - luxury beater car

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
tbyrne said:
How did you like the DeVille? I picked up a '97 that was driven by a little old lady for 51k miles. To me it's in a totally different class than the C. The Caddy gives a big, soft, comfortable ride that feels like your floating on a cloud. This is my car that I use to leave 5 minutes early to go somewhere and take that trip without any hurry. The 4.6 Northstar has to move alot of weight but it does it pretty good.

The 300C has a totally different look and feel. The ride is very comfortable without having a floaty feel. Handling is much more responsive and there is much more power under the right foot to get this car moving. The Caddy is luxury while the C is a luxury sports car (at least to me).
Tbryne,
I've had a couple of DeVilles. I liked them both, but never fell in love with them. Your assessment pretty much sums it up. It's the best 4 door sedan that the General makes. The 'Vette is their best sports car.

As others have said, the C carves a new niche as an affordable luxury 4 door sports car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
05Hemi said:
Having enjoyed the "scoot" from my 1995 T-Bird V8 (and having it totaled while I was in it), I wanted a bigger safer car. I have been frothing at the mouth since DCX announced that the Hemi would go into vehicles besides their trucks, and the 300C was over the top with the looks and performance features. SilverHemi coverd most of my points not covered here.
I gave my 94 Tbird V-8 to my father-in-law about 8 months ago. He has only punched it once since he got it and said it scared him and almost got away from him. Can you imagine what his reaction would be if he was to punch the C?

I think the C is in a new category also. "Luxury 4-door sports sedan" sounds like a good description to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
pd171 said:
I think the C is in a new category also. "Luxury 4-door sports sedan" sounds like a good description to me.
I agree. If a new description is needed this is the one to use

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would still consider the C "entry level" luxury. If you're going to put down $60K and up for a sedan, you expect the best leather ALL AROUND, top-of-the-line trim and every possible doodad in existence. Plus, the scheduled maintenance plan built into the price, none of this "Premium" care rental nonsense. But now look at it this way, where else can you get performance/room anywhere near a 745iL at half the price?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts