Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I received the last pair of aluminum mad eyelids from Mr. Incredible. I traced out the aluminum on standard 8.5x11 printer paper and just filled it in with a black marker. I posted some pics during the install so everyone can see the progress. basically tig tack welded to the hood, then filled, blocked, fiberglassed over as to hide the weld seam, then painted: Not best with computers so I hope this works. Best of luck! Feel free to give a thumbs up if this was helpful!!! :biggthump

Maybe this can be a sticky so everyone who is willing to make these and install can do so.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's very nice! What a great guy too. He shipped me the eyelids and didn't even ask for anything! He paid shipping and all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Printing out the template tomorrow, and starting the transfer over to aluminum during the week. Finally, I hope to get mine cut out by this weekend. :32:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Printing out the template tomorrow, and starting the transfer over to aluminum during the week. Finally, I hope to get mine cut out by this weekend. :32:
I'm waiting until spring with the other 7 projects I have going on this winter but its gonna be one of the best upgrades!!! Love the look way better than the stick on vip ones!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Marc is the man! He does so much for so many. A lot on my ride that's for sure!

I had the second set he ever made put on my old hood in '07.

One of my fav mods!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
^ ....and where is this hood now? :D I'm feeling a drive coming on if its for sale... I need a vacation! Lol

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Bob.... I'm coming for ya! Actually as you now come to Orlando, I'll wait it out and save on gas... lol...

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I took two months off the forums... come back and the car that has graced my screen background on my computer for the last god know's how long lost it's hood.... Bob gained the hood.... then lost it again and gained a new one.... and now I can't figure out where anything is... all I gained is a headache, an old screen background and a few more stone chips on my existing hood... no more time off for me!

Reactions: BIG SMOOTH

·
Registered
309 Posts
Plan on tackling this soon. I'm getting all the right measurements and dimensions so I can get a vectorized template (for me and anyone who wants it) so I can get transferred to aluminum perfectly. What was the thickness of the sheet that you used?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts