Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Borg Warner 44-40 is the transfer case for the 09+, and the Magna Steyr MS140 is the transfer case 08-. That being said, I know the differences between them, but need some things answered.

1) Is there any way to enable full-time AWD on the Borg Warner 44-40?
2) Will a 09+ VVT engine work with a Magna Steyr MS140 if 1) is not possible?
3) Is the TCM different between the two? If so, would the TCM from 08- work on the 09+ to allow for full-time AWD?

Basically, the end goal here is to get a 5.7L based VVT engine with full-time AWD, or even a toggle switch (this would be ideal) that allows for full-time or controllable AWD. I've checked through the Trinity, but I don't see any option to enable this anywhere. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own questions. Will address for knowledge base.

1) Is there any way to enable full-time AWD on the Borg Warner 44-40? <--- Leave it in auto-stick.
2) Will a 09+ VVT engine work with a Magna Steyr MS140 if 1) is not possible? <--- It will, needs some fancy tuning and Witech access.
3) Is the TCM different between the two? If so, would the TCM from 08- work on the 09+ to allow for full-time AWD? <--- Yes. No.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.