Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on the Magnaflow Cats and Exhaust with the upgraded torcite clamps that were recommended and it is absolutely great. Haven't turned on the radio yet, just love hearing that new sound. I would definitely recommend this system hands down.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What's up jt ,

Glad to hear you like them , the sound and performance never get tired.Although you will eventually turn the radio back on , believe me the people on the outside will still enjoy. I told my boys at Port Jeff jeep/chrysler you'd be calling . Like I said they currently service three of my vehicles and always do the right thing . Good luck and enjoy your enhanced beast , Mike.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Are these upgraded clamps helping to prevent some of the problems reported by others…like rattling or loose pipes? Did you do the install yourself? Congrats on the install and I’m sure it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey srt8danno ,

To answer part of your question ...... yes these heavy duty clamps solve all the reported problems of leaks and rattles. I met a fellow forum member (brillantblacksrt8) at a m&g / englishtown event and he showed me these kick ass clamps he had yet to install . He ran that day(respectively... low 13's) with what he eventually found out to be three exhaust leaks. He put the clamps on and speaks real well of the results. He posted an excellent write-up on them and a link to the manufacturer(torctite, I think). Good luck, Mike.

srt8danno said:
Are these upgraded clamps helping to prevent some of the problems reported by others…like rattling or loose pipes? Did you do the install yourself? Congrats on the install and I’m sure it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks to all concerned for finding out about these clamps. I've bought them and they're sitting in a box right now, just have to find the time to get em installed. Jtbambam, congrats on your magnaflows, I really love mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lucky, i work with a guy who has his own hydraulic lift, so it took about an hour an an half to install everything, even in that 100 degree weather on monday. Those clamps work great and it is definitely worth it to upgrade. After the install, we lifted the magnum up again and found only one slight leak that was fixed with a little more tightening. No more leaks and the thing sounds incredible. thanks again mjr5150, i'm going to call those guys today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, if anyone is interested in the Magnaflow exhaust system, I got mine from "autopartsnow" on ebay motors. Go to parts and accessories, click on exhaust, then type in "magnum srt" in the find box. It should come up first, then you can click on the buyer which will bring you to their items for sale. they have magnaflow part #16642, which fits the 300srt, charger srt and the magnum srt all selling for $649.00 plus $50 for shipping. It arrived within 3 days and was new in the box. No, i don't work for them, but that price is too hard to pass up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
any check engine light?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no light as of now, but i also DID NOT disconnect the battery yet. I am waiting on my CAI and the auto-light switch to be delivered and then I am going to disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
jtbambam79 said:
Almost forgot, they run that price as "buy it now" or sometimes "best offer". I got mine for best offer which was lower than the buy it now price.
Congratulations on your magnaflow install!!
I got mine from same guy on E-Bay.
Made him a offer for $500 (300C 5.7) and he accepted the offer.
I think that is an excellent price for magnaflow cat-backs!!
Pipes game in yesterday and Torctite clamps are on the way!

Can't wait to put them on this weekend

Gary

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
chasb said:
Can you tell me the clamp sizes you need for the Magnaflows catbacks system. I also have the High flow cats to install.

Lots of guys are now using these, but no one posts the proper torctite sizes you need for the 5.76 300C

Thanks
Chas
I called them and they told me i needed 6 2.5 inch clamps.
That's for the 5.7 .
Good luck Gary

·
Registered
72 Posts
chasb said:
Can you tell me the clamp sizes you need for the Magnaflows catbacks system. I also have the High flow cats to install.

Lots of guys are now using these, but no one posts the proper torctite sizes you need for the 5.76 300C

Thanks
Chas
Confirmed, the 5.7 uses 6, 2.5 inch clamps. Here is the install sheet: http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/pdfs/15628.pdf

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Thanks For The Quick Responses Guys

Just ordered the torctites.

Will install the highflow cats and all the new clamps next week

Chas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts