Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running a group purchase that covers all Magnaflow exhausts. 10 or more orders are required by Friday, August 5th for this to go through. Pricing is lower than we are allowed to post so you'll need to give us a call or e-mail [email protected] to receive a price quote. The first batch will be ordered as soon as we receive 10 orders so it is benefical to place your order early!

15629 2005-'06 300C Magnaflow exhaust
16642 2005-'06 300C / Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Magnaflow exhaust
15628 2005-'06 Magnum Magnaflow exhaust

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763).

·
Registered
842 Posts
iam in...i just sent email..

·
Registered
842 Posts
well i just got home and placed order on the web site.great deal thank you!. so thats #10...woohooo..get them puppies orderd...herbs :smoker:

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first batch of systems will be ordered tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. Orders for this GP can be placed through Friday (8/5).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ordered 8/5

Any status on mine as well?

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first batch was supposed to be shipping to us the end of last week and they say the 2nd batch will follow next week.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
73 Posts
TByrne Magnaflow SRT8 Exhaust Up for Grabs!

Greetings folks,

I placed my order for the Magnaflow SRT8 Cat-back with the TByrne Motorsports GP at the end of July. Needless to say, I have grown tired of waiting for the exhaust and am going to consider other options. This is in large part due to the Email exchange I had today with Tom Byrne wherein he politely informed that he was going to bend me over for 20% of the purchase price to get out of the GP and take my business elsewhere.

So if anyone is interested, you are welcome to my spot in the GP. That is $639.99 for an Magnaflow SRT8 Cat-back shipped to you. I am simply not interested in doing any business with TByrne Motorsports presently, or ever.

Simply shoot me a PM if you want the spot at the price I paid and the exhaust and Tom Byrne are all yours!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
The nature of a group buy is to get a quality product at a discounted price.

By definition, they take time to put together and ship. I would of thought that everyone understands this from past experience.

It is standard practice in the automotive aftermarket to charge a cancellation charge (20% is the norm). This ain't Walmart!

As to Tom Byrne - all I can say is that my business dealings with him so far have been top rate. I have been doing this modding stuff for over 4 decades.

He is also a 300C owner, a car nut and a very helpful member on this board. Tom has patiently answered tech questions for any member that has asked him.

I can understand that you want the item now and don't want to wait. That's your option.

Bashing the vendor who put the group buy together in the first place, is however, not a very effective approach, IMO.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do we all have to reply in multiple sections of the site? One post will do...

Here is my reply from the other section -

The GP Magnaflow exhausts have pretty much been shipping on schedule. Maybe 2 business days later than we planned. This GP had a total of 45 orders so they do take awhile to product and ship. Alot of the orders that came in were for the 300C/Magnum. This info is listed in the Group Purchase section of our website -

IMPORTANT INFO: Most products to fill each GP are ordered at the end of the GP. They usually take 1-2 weeks to ship from here, but some items could take longer based on the size of the group purchase and availability with the manufacturer. Depending on the product and our available stock, some orders will be shipped from here shortly after the GP comes to a close. Remember, you need to place your order if you are interested in taking part in a GP. Be sure to check the status of the GP that you are part of on it's closing date to see if is going through.

MORE IMPORTANT INFO: All credit cards are processed a few days before the GP closes to insure everything will go through without a problem and to lock in the order. Orders canceled after your GP order has been processed will be subject to a 20% processing fee. Orders for products that are non-stock items (not normally kept in stock) can not be canceled so be sure that you would like to be part of the GP before you place your order.

WHEN SHOULD YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER?: We find that alot of people wait for the required number of orders to be placed before they get in on the GP. If everyone does this the GP minimum is never met. If you would definitely like to join one of the group purchases that are listed it will be best to place your order as soon as possible. Your credit card won't be charged until just before the GP comes to a close (as long as there are enough orders) and the minimum will be met much sooner. This will allow you and the other participants to take advantage of the savings.

We did our best to provide everyone with a very good price for this GP and I'd say we did a good job with that. There are many expenses involved in a business so we do have to make money. You want us to cancel your order because you say that we didn't ship the system on time but everything is on track. You would also like a full refund. That means that we'd lose money on this order. Not a good way to be rewarded for helping you with an excellent price for your purchase. The 20% processing fee will apply if you would like to cancel your order. We're not the only company that does this, it is pretty standard in the industry.

Have a good day,
Tom

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Re. Magnaflow GB ship dates

tbyrne said:
The first batch was supposed to be shipping to us the end of last week and they say the 2nd batch will follow next week...
Thanks, Tom.

We appreciate both the update and the excellent pricing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks Tom

tbyrne said:
Do we all have to reply in multiple sections of the site? One post will do...

Here is my reply from the other section -

The GP Magnaflow exhausts have pretty much been shipping on schedule. Maybe 2 business days later than we planned. This GP had a total of 45 orders so they do take awhile to product and ship. Alot of the orders that came in were for the 300C/Magnum. This info is listed in the Group Purchase section of our website -

IMPORTANT INFO: Most products to fill each GP are ordered at the end of the GP. They usually take 1-2 weeks to ship from here, but some items could take longer based on the size of the group purchase and availability with the manufacturer. Depending on the product and our available stock, some orders will be shipped from here shortly after the GP comes to a close. Remember, you need to place your order if you are interested in taking part in a GP. Be sure to check the status of the GP that you are part of on it's closing date to see if is going through.

MORE IMPORTANT INFO: All credit cards are processed a few days before the GP closes to insure everything will go through without a problem and to lock in the order. Orders canceled after your GP order has been processed will be subject to a 20% processing fee. Orders for products that are non-stock items (not normally kept in stock) can not be canceled so be sure that you would like to be part of the GP before you place your order.

WHEN SHOULD YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER?: We find that alot of people wait for the required number of orders to be placed before they get in on the GP. If everyone does this the GP minimum is never met. If you would definitely like to join one of the group purchases that are listed it will be best to place your order as soon as possible. Your credit card won't be charged until just before the GP comes to a close (as long as there are enough orders) and the minimum will be met much sooner. This will allow you and the other participants to take advantage of the savings.

We did our best to provide everyone with a very good price for this GP and I'd say we did a good job with that. There are many expenses involved in a business so we do have to make money. You want us to cancel your order because you say that we didn't ship the system on time but everything is on track. You would also like a full refund. That means that we'd lose money on this order. Not a good way to be rewarded for helping you with an excellent price for your purchase. The 20% processing fee will apply if you would like to cancel your order. We're not the only company that does this, it is pretty standard in the industry.

Have a good day,
Tom
Do you think I'll be able to get them before end of next week. I'm trying to get into a car show on Sept 11.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rest of the GP systems are on the way to us now so they should arrive by Tuesday. NY is only a couple of day away so you should have it by the end of next week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
tbyrne said:
You would also like a full refund. That means that we'd lose money on this order. Not a good way to be rewarded for helping you with an excellent price for your purchase. The 20% processing fee will apply if you would like to cancel your order. We're not the only company that does this, it is pretty standard in the industry.

Have a good day,
Tom
Tom,

Given that Hennessey Motorsports is charging $100 less for the SRT8 catback than you and appears to offer a much more "customer service" oriented return policy, do you anticipate TByrne Motorsports might reconsider its "policies", and follow suit, perhaps simply for products not even shipped out yet?

Thank you for your time,

Stephen

John Hennessey said:
Its not much firmer than stock. My wife enjoys the ride. You can get it from us, put it on the car and if you dont like the ride quality, then put it back to stock and send the kit back to us for a full refund. Let me know.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3SRT4ME said:
Tom,

Given that Hennessey Motorsports is charging $100 less for the SRT8 catback than you and appears to offer a much more "customer service" oriented return policy, do you anticipate TByrne Motorsports might reconsider its "policies", and follow suit, perhaps simply for products not even shipped out yet?

Thank you for your time,

Stephen
No...

The Magnaflow systems from the GP have shipped. Yours would have gone out too if you hadn't canceled your order. Also, we do have very good customer service. I find that people usually only feel that we don't when they want to do something that goes against our policies... like canceling an order for a group purchase exhaust and then wanting a full refund with no processing fees.

As mentioned before, if you would like to discuss this any more you can contact us direct. Most members of the forum really don't want to hear you going on and on about this.

Have a good day,
Tom

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.