Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SRT8 owners I just have a question for those who own magnaflow exhaust on their SRT8 or for those who have a little bit of knowledge about exhaust for our cars. I just purchased a set of magnaflow exhaust mufflers for my car. It sound pretty good but it was not what I expected. So I took it back and then I had the shop remove what looked like another restricting muffler which is located a little bit after the magnaflow muffler I installed a week ago with some new pipes. That is the only thing I have changed on the car because the owner of the shop said I don't need to change the x pipe or the size of the piping because it wont make difference in the sound. But to me it just still don't sound right not like the audio clips on the magnaflow websites dont get me wrong it sounds a lot better than stock but i feel that something is missing or I did something wrong do anyone think a hi flow cat will bring the sound I am looking for or just get the full system and will the piping size make a difference? Thank you for the help and time.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The set up should have a center muffler and split off to your rear mufflers.
Did you take the center muffler out?

Can you post some pictures of your set up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a few pics

The set up should have a center muffler and split off to your rear mufflers.
Did you take the center muffler out?

Can you post some pictures of your set up?
Here is a few pictures I took it was kind of hard to get under the car because the car sit so low stock. The only thing the shop recommended me to change was the muffler and he said if I wasnt pleased with the sound change what he said looks like another muffler which is located a little past where he installed the muffler and tips and that part was replaced with pipes. If you need some better pictures I will try to send them again. Thanks for the help

IMAGE_001.jpg IMAGE_005.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have magnaflow exhaust and love them!

I gues it depends on what you are looking for. Also, they get louder after a couple hundred miles! I have a sound clip on photobucket but I am not sure how to post here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help maybe that is right when the exhaust gets more miles it might get louder. But the question I have is would the magnaflow Hi Flow Cat make a difference and would it be worth putting it on the car? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I added the hi-flow cats and magnaflow cat-back on to my car at the same time and i definitly felt a change in the top end. However, it does feel like it lost some low end torque. I received the mopar system in the mail yesterday and will be installing it on the weekend because the drone on the magnaflow is too annoying for me. I will make a detailed comparison post after the swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
to annoying?

well i love the way that my exhaust sounds. But you have to keep in mind that as soon as you go bigger piping and a performance muffler. You are going to get at least some drone, they just go hand in hand. i think that there are some companies that claim a droneless system, but i find im asking myself what is that doing on performance for my vehicle. any thought on that.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have magnaflow and the extra set of mufflers you are talking about are called resonators. When I took those off HUGE difference in sound and I think it sounds great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts