Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here they are, or I should say here is half:

Some dyno numbers and data should be following over the next few days.

Dyno Chart Data:

I was a little supprised how well the car responded to the cats ... enough where I will actually do some bench testing to see where it picks up the power.

So far as I can read these are good for about 9 WHP @ peak and 6-7 WHP on average. Torque is good for about 10 @ peak and 6-7 on average.

Solid 6-7 HP and 6-7 lb-ft of torque is not too shabby. Got to love the 6.1L of Displacement ... make even the smallest modification take notice.

Stock Parts:

MagnaFlow Parts:

Richard

·
Registered
443 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
Here they are, or I should say here is half:

Some dyno numbers and data should be following over the next few days.
WHOOOHOOO!!!! me likey alot. any idea on availability? Looks like the cat-back kit I bought won't ship for another week or so and i'm thinking of having both installed together. i'll be out -of-town without my car until at least the 3rd or 4th of next month so I'll have to wait anyways----might as well do it all at once right? :) :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
So, these won't set off a cel (check engine light) then ?

Do you have a part # ?

I ordered my Magnaflow cat-back last week for my srt8 too .. .but I guess you won't be shipping them for a while ....

I wouldn't mind installing these at the same time ..... off to the dyno I go .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
need4speed said:
So, these won't set off a cel then ?

Do you have a part # ?

I ordered my cat-back last week for my srt8 too .. .but I guess you won't be shipping them for a while ....

I wouldn't mind installing these at the same time ..... off to the dyno I go .....
Okay... dumb question.... what is a cat-back? Does this have anything to do with the exhaust? I have ordered the Magnaflow exhaust but don't know anything about a cat-back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
James said:
Okay... dumb question.... what is a cat-back? Does this have anything to do with the exhaust? I have ordered the Magnaflow exhaust but don't know anything about a cat-back.
Basically means " from the converter(cat) to the tips ". Your kit replaces everything from the cat-converter on back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:
Basically means " from the converter(cat) to the tips ". Your kit replaces everything from the cat-converter on back.
Thanks jconnolly for the explanation.

Is the Magnaflow cat-back system for sale yet? Does it offer any performance improvement over the stock system?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Magnaflow has been selling the cat-back for about two weeks now.........or actually I should say their vendors are taking orders for the kit. I believe btlfed1500 has posted dyno's showing about around 15 hp and 19ftq. checkout Magnaflow's site for pics and soundclips for the kit. I ordered mine about a week ago and i can't wait.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car is in pieces!!!
thank god Richard and Magnaflow are so awesome!!!
After viewing the facility; I'm trying to figure out what else I can bring my car in for "guinea pig" testing... :biggrin:
Their place is huge!!!
And unbelievably clean and well kept...
This is a 1st class operation...
cannot wait to get my car back tomorrow!!!
It is ready, right Richard??? :wink1:
can't wait to see the dyno numbers...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Richard,

Please let us know if you have options to keep that 3" pipe all the way back to the Magnaflow cat-back. It appears to step down for the factory pipe there at the end, so will there be options to make that a 3" slip for the Magnaflow system?

Todd

·
Registered
482 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
UPDATED see post #1
Richard,

Please update us on possibility of a part number to mate directly to the Magnaflow 3" system you put on. 3" all the way back!!!

Todd

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Richard...

So is it ready?
I can't call...
I really don't want to bother him...
ah, the waiting!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
how much is this going for? Do they have plans of making one that fits directly into the magnaflow exhaust, thus making it 3" all the way back?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Per our standard build protocol all our parts will fit OEM components. a slight modification at a muffler shop can net a "TRUE" 3" system ... two short 6-7" pipes can be sliped into place after cutting down the neck down to 2.75". Nothing is set in stone as to what exactly will be packaged but surely we will consider all options.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Please let us know the part number when available.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
hey guys and gals...

can you believe 9.6hp on "cats" alone?
Wholly Jesus Cristo's!
Richard was expecting 6-8hp, and re-dynoed it today, not believing his own numbers from last night's dyno...
part number soon to follow...
as the "part" was on the floor next to my car still when I left... :biggrin:
when the production run is done...
we are slapping one on and we will re-run the dyno with the Magnaflow exhaust and cats for everyone...

Let me tell you this - get the Magnaflow exhaust system NOW!!!
Man is it sweet!
I tried to stay in 3rd as much as possible on the drive home because it just sound unreal!

·
Registered
482 Posts
cbutler32 said:
Let me tell you this - get the Magnaflow exhaust system NOW!!!
Man is it sweet!
I tried to stay in 3rd as much as possible on the drive home because it just sound unreal!
Dude, lay off the crack!!! You know the Magnaflow doesn't sound that good..... ;) ;) Should I throw a disclaimer in there?? NOT!

Todd

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Todd...

stay away from the vehicle!!!...
you know you would go out and fire it up right now if you could...
jonesing for a hit huh?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts