Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...is it just me or does the Magnesium look more charcoal grey than green? Which color do you think is better looking? IMHO, just about any car can look good in black however, the Mag color is very interesting but just not sure if it really should win out over black. I know that this is a matter of perference....just looking for opinions. thanks.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
TexasDriver said:
OK...is it just me or does the Magnesium look more charcoal grey than green? Which color do you think is better looking? IMHO, just about any car can look good in black however, the Mag color is very interesting but just not sure if it really should win out over black. I know that this is a matter of perference....just looking for opinions. thanks.
Magnesium!. What about Metallic smoke silver/champagne with a camel interior? What does IMHO stand for

·
Registered
40 Posts
TexasDriver said:
I've seen both, (but not side by side), and ended up ordering the magnesium. The black is very nice, but I just felt the magnesium showed the lines of the car better. One could argue that back from the front pillar there aren't many lines to see but...

A couple of days after I ordered by magnesium, the dealer called to let me know he had a black one in configured exactly as my order. I held out for the mag, and now am looking at waiting until July sometime before I MIGHT get my order. Hmmm....some regrets....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased the Mag since I already have a car painted "clean me always black". The Magnesium is a hard color to describe because it can appear gray'ish, green'ish, and even blue'ish under florescent lights. Great color IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), of course I am partial.
For reference, here is a link to a large list of Internet acronyms.
Internet Acronyms

·
Registered
84 Posts
TexasDriver good question, I posted a similar question, well sort of.
I do agree that you can’t go wrong with black, very classy color. And you will need to work at it to keep it at its optimal color, either by yourself or if you don’t have the time, your favorite car detailer.

Having said that I think that on this particular vehicle the Magnesium is superior. Let the flaming begin! :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
While I agree that the Mag. is attractive, sitting side by side, I felt that the Black (particularly after the tint) had greater presence. Also, the black is simply elegant and traditional. My concern with Mag. is that it might get old after a while, as many "unique" car colors are want to do - especially when there are many other drivers out there with that unique color.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Mag vs Black

I think the magnesium, black, and dark blue are all great. I went with the magnesium. It can look a little green or even a dark gray depending on the light. I was a little concerned if this current "in" color will lose its luster over time. It seems obvious to me DC is touting the magenesium color in their broschures. I think its very cool though and its not that off a color that it will not be wanted down the road. That said I agree a C in any color beats no C at all.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish the magnesium was more of a dark gray with a little less greenish hue. I'm still weighing the color options in my mind and want the car to have a classic look over the length of I time I own it. We have a black car (wife's new 4-runner) and my black XX motorcycle in our family's stable now and they are always the dirtiest looking, the fastest to get dirty, and the hardest to clean and wax out of our vehicles. They look amazing when clean, I just wish they would stay that way for a longer period of time.

I'm leaning towards the silver these days, away from the magnesium. A lot of classic benzes and porsches in silver out there...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got mine in "Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl", and just love the color. Looks like more of a metallic very dark gray in the sunlight, but deep black in the rain. Came down to this or the silver, but had to go with black, especially w/tinted windows. Wonder how much an annual membership to the car wash is???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts