Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Underrated?

What does this translate to at the FW?
Does the 367 RW HP suggest that DCX is actually underrating the power of the SRT8s by listing 425 HP at the FW?

I have heard of similar cases where underating occurs such as in the 03-04 Cobras. Ford supposedly underrates at the FW by about 30 HP.

·
Registered
134 Posts
kc2ntlh said:
What does this translate to at the FW?
Does the 367 RW HP suggest that DCX is actually underrating the power of the SRT8s by listing 425 HP at the FW?

I have heard of similar cases where underating occurs such as in the 03-04 Cobras. Ford supposedly underrates at the FW by about 30 HP.
It all depends on the transmission and convertor. It is not an ordinary slush box auto so I would imagine driveline loos wouldn't be as bad as your average auto tranny. New Vettes seem to be putting down 330-345 RWHP (400hp) so I would say its in the ballpark

·
Registered
482 Posts
Those are the numbers!!! Looks good. Hopefully I will have some dyno info on our MSRT-8 very soon, before and after a cat-back install no less :D

Todd

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice numbers. It looks like the HP comes on early but fall off later in the powerband. Torque numbers look real good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
bigslim said:
Nice numbers. It looks like the HP comes on early but fall off later in the powerband. Torque numbers look real good.
Due to the resolution or scan or whatever, you are seeing the HP and Torque cross, but it isn't obvious. The HP curve is definately building as RPM builds, and the torque is the one dipping.

Todd

·
Registered
116 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
Due to the resolution or scan or whatever, you are seeing the HP and Torque cross, but it isn't obvious. The HP curve is definately building as RPM builds, and the torque is the one dipping.

Todd
Thanks for that. Still nice numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts