Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

I was looking over my Maintenance Log Book for the 300. I was thinking, if the transmission in the car is basically a sealed unit (42RLE in the base,Limited, and Touring) Why is it that every time the car goes in for service intervals, that the transmission fluid level is checked? Has anyone noticed the same observation? Does this transmission have a history of leakage problems? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
brian,

On any engineered system with moving parts, fluids and electrical systems a 'preventive maintenance' plan is needed

The tranny has all of the systems above and should be checked periodically to assure proper performance.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Also these idiots saw fit not to put in a dipstick, there is a plug that reads "Dealer use only". I seriously doubt they are checking it on every oil change, be thankful if they put the right weight oil in.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Brian, to answer your 3rd question, yes... there was a TSB in Jan. for tranny leaks in 300's, possibly with early May build dates, as posted here by jcsganga:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30654&postcount=5

My gal-pal had some pretty serious leaks and hers was purchased mid-May (unk. build date)

Good luck, hope the garage floor stays clean & dry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts