Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 300c suspension has done a great job for over 130,000 miles but there most be a lot of worn components and it feels soft and has more than a few clunks and noises.

As the car owes me nothing now, having given great service, I am thinking of a complete refresh of the suspension - maybe a replacement of all the front and rear bushes - Pedders 300C F&R Suspension Bush Kit, F&R SwayBar Bush Kit, F&R Crossmember Kit. Ball joints would be replaced at the same time.

Have I missed anything ?

How many hours labour would it be to replace all these bushes and ball joints ?

For dampers I am thinking of Koni front and rear, what would work best for springs? I have 22" wheels and don't want to lower it. Any suggestions?

I know this sounds like a big investment on an old car, but compared with depreciation on a new car I think (hope) its worth it :)

Tbanks for any input, I will let you all know how it works out

Robs

-------------------

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
If I still owned a 300C and needed to do it I would go the full pedders route. There was a post in the Euro section of a full pedders install. It was a big job that took a couple of days but sounded well worth it.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan to get front and rear Pedders bushes this month, any recommendations of where I could find someone to do a good job for me ? The car is in the Reading area but I travel regularly to North West and also to Suffolk, so garage does not have to be local.
I would also get the Extreme Xa Coilover Kit fitted at the same time if the labour cost on the whole job is affordable. I dont want to be a guinea pig so looking for someone who knows the job.
If its 10 hours for the bushes replacement, how many more hours to fit the new dampers when it all gets put back together ?
Should I fit any new components (like track controll arms) or just the bushes and dampers ?
Thanks, Robs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts