Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I think it's obvious that he wants a manual, HEMI-powered 300. I'm sure once the car has been around for a while and the CANBUS is fully hacked, and the mod-scene has mastered the car in all its aspects, manual-transmission conversions will start happening. I'm sure many an SRT8 owners longs to have a 6-speed manual. I know there's a mod for my aging Caprice LT1 to have a Getrag 6-speed put in it.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Not a chance, people come on here.

IT's a luxury car!!!

I have 2 other cars with manuals. This car should NEVER have one.

To each his own I guess....Personally I feel it's what killed the CTS-V's sales.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally, I think it's rather un-American to put anything BUT an automatic in a RWD V8 cruiser, but it will happen and I'm sure it will have its own following.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should be able to select what tran you want either it be auto or manual, heck look at audi and bmw the have both autos and manual options they do just fine in sales.

If Chrysler came out with a manual option it could only help with the sales IMHOP, that way the people that dont like autos can select the manual.
(not to mention it would be faster.)

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
guardians1000000 said:
You should be able to select what tran you want either it be auto or manual, heck look at audi and bmw the have both autos and manual options they do just fine in sales.

If Chrysler came out with a manual option it could only help with the sales IMHOP, that way the people that dont like autos can select the manual.
(not to mention it would be faster.)

And I should be able to put an SRT-8 engine in a C so I have power AND classy looks (less obviously sporty than the monochrome). There is a lmit to choices in life.

There are economic reasons here...never mind the fact that even in an enthusiast forum like this the desire for a stick shift is minimal...imagine how poorly it would sell in the market place but WE ALL would have to pay for the option to exist since the tooling costs, R&D, etc. would be spread across all 300s (if not the entire product line).

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'll bring back the old M3 M5 issue!

CTS-V was trying to be like BMW with their manual tranny. Auto trannys have come a long way now and there is no reason why BMW should just make all there BMW's fully auto.

It' funny how all the Mercedes AMG's C32, E55 are all 5 speed autos and are faster then the BMW M3 and M5.

BMW need to make a sweet auto tranny, and just make the manual an option.

Being more on topic, I think that Chrysler will not make the 300 a manual/auto option.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
it would make more sense for the Charger to have a manual option....or maybe bring back a coupe ( challenger??) with the hemi available.....now that should be available with a manual trans for sure!

Chrysler doesn't seem too big on manuals, much like Mercedes... After all you can get a crossfire with either automatic or manual, BUT the Crossfire SRT6 is ONLY available with an automatic.....kinda seems backwards since that is their 'hot' sportscar, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
kevenj said:
the Crossfire SRT6 is ONLY available with an automatic.....kinda seems backwards since that is their 'hot' sportscar, doesn't it?

I noticed that too at the SRT Track Experience. A little roadster with no manual? :eek: :confused:

Maybe since it puts out so much power they thought warranty claims would be lessened due to people stressing them out....I dunno, it still doesn't make sense.

300C SRT-8 will be an auto forever IMHO. I think they miiiight put a manual in a charger and I think they should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts