Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a RHD 300C and the steering adjustment is manual. I release a lever under the column and it can tilt up and down. It does not move in and out.

I heard somewhere that it was an option to telescope, is that right? Does not sound right.

I have checked and searched everywhere and cannot find anything about telescoping only tilt in recalls and other owners issues.

Can anyone advise similar or is there a section available for the steering column from the Service Manual I can be linked to?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What year is your car?

I can't confirm 100% but our Gen 1 RHD ones over here only tilt and don't telscope

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok makes sense thanks for that. I don't understand why they didn't add that ability but locked it in one position but hey.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Agree totally. It would be a very sensible extra function and couldn't have been any more expensive for the factory

·
Registered
34 Posts
Concur.

They only tilt, they don't telescope. (Early RHD, mine is 2007).

I have 4 cars, and the 300C is the only one that only tilts. My ancient old cars have telescope only (69 Jag); and telescope AND tilt (76 Triumphs Stag and Dolomite Sprint); but almost every new car in the last 15 years I have seen, if it has adjustment is only tilt.

Seems to be "the thing" that everyone accepts.

The reason would be the looms.

It is far far simpler to have a cable move up and down (pivot a few degrees) with a column. But to have that cable then move in and out, there has to be a "loop/slack" built in, which is extra hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts