Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you been driving and resting your hand on the shifter and accidently put it down a couple gears? Maybe during a right turn?
Is there any way to disable that feature and just leave it in drive? I must have done this 3 times now. I usually drive with my hand resting on the shifter but I'm scared now.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Sorry kid, but it's time to break the habit... a very dangerous one! Just think of what would happen if you're suddenly rear-ended!

"Hello, ACME towing service? Yes, ummm, I need 2 tow trucks... one for my car and the other for my transmission about 50 yards back. Huh? What happened? Uh... you don't wanna know" :eek:

·
Registered
208 Posts
NO, but while leaving work I auto stick down to 2d to let the rpms stay pretty constant leaving the parking structure.

I ALWAYS forget to upshift when I leave, and the motor's so smooth throughout the band that I invariable only notice by glancing at the tach. I'm cruising about 20-30 in 2d, not freeway speeds.

I think I read somewhere, though, that it is hard on the tranny to rest the weight of your arm on there, but that may have been in reference to a manual tranny?

·
Registered
64 Posts
300m stick

I have the 300m and that slapstick configuration seems better to me than the 300c. Also has anyone ever checked whether or not using it kills gas mileage. It must.... right.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
kidcoastal said:
Have any of you been driving and resting your hand on the shifter and accidently put it down a couple gears? Maybe during a right turn?
Is there any way to disable that feature and just leave it in drive? I must have done this 3 times now. I usually drive with my hand resting on the shifter but I'm scared now.
Never happened to me, I agree with Hemee, time to break the habit, kind of like riding the clutch with your foot.
As far as mpg goes, the more rpms the more gas used, more high rpm shifts burnds more gas, cruising in 5th on the freeway burns the least gas.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Happens to me all the time. The problem is that the timing delay is so short that it moves from D to 1 in a split second. Now that I'm "aware" of it, it happens less but it still happens on occassion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts