Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone has ever converted their 300C from the automatic transmission into possibly a 6 speed T-56. I am interested in doing this. any pointers?? is this even possible?

thanks!

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I'd start looking at what FCA did to develop the Challenger manual transmission. I've not seen this mod done to any 300 yet but that doesn't mean someone here hasn't done it.

Of course, this thread was dormant for over 9 years before being revived by JLsrt8. There must be a pretty good digging and CPR technique at work here.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Last time I researched it the SKREEM unit would shut down the car after a few seconds of run time. A pretty large hemi shop tackled it and in the end benched it due to electronic issues. I'm going to research the viper thing now...

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Yeah I've seen the full conversions before, but they are motor and transmission running standalone software. From what I was told when I looked into doing the swap back in 09 I think it was, the 6 spd can be mounted to the 5.7 and 6.1 (using the Chally gear) but the software in the car cannot be adjusted enough to stop the PCM from looking for the TCM and shutting down. Maybe this has changed but I still have not seen any working 6 spd only conversions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts