Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil and took my winter wheels off today, and afterwards when I went for a quick drive to set the TPMS and circulate the oil so I could check it's level, the GPS screen was blank where the map content is displayed. The GPS was working (it correctly displayed the current road) but there was nothing but white where the map should have been. The other screens worked properly.

After I parked it and shut off the engine, I switched it to the ON position and still didn't see anything on the screen. After I let the engine sit for a few minutes before checking the oil level, I switched the car back to the ON position to clear the oil change warning, and it looked like the map was back, but I didn't check it after that. I'll be running out a little bit later tonight and I'll check it then.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
There's a member over here in Australia at the moment that has a similar issue.
The Nav screen is completely empty, when you touch the Nav it shows as an empty black screen.
Thought I would try updating the maps using the same USB key I used on mine, and it said No Files, so I think its completely stuffed.

Chrysler have been working on it for 2 weeks with no answer.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
If it's something like this you'll be needing a new unit. Even when it comes good which will probably be next time you start the car it'll keep doing it. You need to take a pic like I did so the dealer can't give you the flick when it doesn't do it for him. They did every test on mine and couldn't find a cause, if I didn't have the pic they would have flicked me for sure. They put a new unit in and it's been fine ever since. Definitely the unit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's exactly what it looked like.

The maps were working properly again when I went out last night (so unfortunately I didn't get a pic of it), but I will check with the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts