Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally reading over my paperwork. Looks like the dealer threw in the Mopar MasterShield treatment. Some kind of paint protector, interior protector, etc. etc, etc. What is this? Is it even worth my time to take it in for the treatment? Or is this the old "underbody treatment" with a new fancy name. In other words, did they just throw in something that costs them $10 and they charge $500 for?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I don't have a car or manual yet to be specific (cool vanilla C due any day now??). I suspect like most new car manuals additional undercoatings and paint treatments are not recommended. My dealer is not offering this kind of nonsense, I would get my 5 c notes back and apply wax and protectant of your choice for less than $50.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You got it right on the mastershield treatment. It's a bunch of garbage and you can do it yourself for about 10 bucks and that includes the junk they put on the paint and the Scotchguard to do your carpeting. Don't fall pray to those dealers who try to push this on you, that is why I only lasted 7 months in the car business!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
mastershield reply

save your money that is the bigest rip off in the auto buisiness. they also scotch gaurd leather seats for about the same price if you let them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts