Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2015 300S 5.7L and sometimes the A/C doesn't want to blow at full speed and the MAX A/C and RECIRC functions make no change. The A/C always blows plenty cold and only seems to have this problem during the summer months when it's close to 80 degrees or more outside. Is this an electronic problem, a bad humidity sensor, a blend door issue, or what? Please help, I can't find anyone else discussing this issue anywhere online. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar issue where recirculate would not turn on and it was the humidity sensor.
What exactly was your problem? I've seen many people talk about an issue where the recirc button would flash and not turn on, or it would be grayed out on the touchscreen, and replacing the humidity sensor fixed it. However, this isn't exactly the issue I'm having. My recirc button turns on and it's available on the touchscreen like normal, but when turned on it doesn't actually change anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine was flashing.
Your problem sounds like the recirc actuator failed or the recirc door itself is broken, not the blend door. The ATC may have some codes that could help you diagnose but ultimately you need to get in there and take it apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was flashing.
Your problem sounds like the recirc actuator failed or the recirc door itself is broken, not the blend door. The ATC may have some codes that could help you diagnose but ultimately you need to get in there and take it apart.
I'm not so sure because it all works perfectly fine when it isn't too hot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not so sure because it all works perfectly fine when it isn't too hot.
I re-read your original post and you state the fan speed is affected as well?
There are a lot of inputs to the system: the humidity sensor, in car temp sensor, solar sensor, ambient temp sensor and and evaporator temp sensor. You really need to get the system scanned for codes. My humidity sensor was setting a code long before I actually noticed I had a problem. Also, it may need to be diagnosed while the problem is present.
I wish I had a better solution for you……the other thinking I had was my system will only use recirc when it’s hot out unless I manually select it. Is it possible it doesn’t work in winter and you just didn’t notice?
One last thing, do a search for technical service bulletins maybe it’s a software issue and just needs to be reprogrammed!
Good luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts