Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I placed an order for front and rear rotors and pads for my 2005 Chrysler 300C. I had to give my VIN# as part of the order, but even with that, they wanted actual measurements. I looked around this forum and found them in a post - I didn't have time to get the car on the lift and actually check them so I hope they are accurate. I specified:

13.6" in the front
12.6" for the rear

Came to $271 after taxes etc. which is a phenomenal price. I haven't been able to find any other place that came even close. A buddy also ordered a full set for his Mazda3 at the same time and I think it came to around $220 for him.

Delivery took 5 days from the time of ordering, to the delivery to my house. Packaging was not bad, the rotors and rear pads were in cardboard boxes and were cushioned with those little polystyrene balls. The front pads were shrink wrapped in plastic.

Overall, they look like they are very well made. I'm not a metallurgist or anything but the machining looks great. There's no jagged or sharp edges anywhere and everything looks uniform. I opted for the zinc coating which is why they have that silver look to them and I'm hoping that helps ward off rust on the surface.

The total package weight was close to 60lbs according to the UPS tracker and I think they're pretty close. These rotors are heavy.

I took a couple of pics so you can see what they look like:

We're installing the rotors and pads on both cars this afternoon so I'll follow up in around a month with some feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Look very similar to what I got some years ago, except mine were slotted and drilled. Pretty much the same thing tho. Be very very careful the first time you drive down the road and make sure you apply them well before you actually need them. ;) Cheap....certainly. Quality..... well, you know. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on giving as comprehensive review as I can. I'm going to be honest, I am pretty hopeful.

I'd be nervous and worried if the rotors felt light and cheap, but they feel extremely substantial. Before I change the brakes, I'm going to try measuring stopping distances in an empty parking lot so I can do a before and after comparison. I'm going to bed the new rotors and pads in properly, drive for 4 weeks and then try a couple of emergency stops and see if there's an improvement

If anyone wants me to try anything else, within reason, let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed the rotors and pads today, everything went very smoothly. The one hiccup was getting the drivers side rotor off. I had to soak it in PB Blaster and give it some good whacks with a big hammer to get it loose. It didn't have any clips but was just corroded to the hub.

First impressions are good. After the break-in process (20 near stops from 30 km/h in a empty parking lot followed by 15 complete stops from 20 km/h with a minimum of 20 seconds between stops), the brakes feel very strong. I haven't done any hard or emergency stops yet.

There is almost no travel in the brake pedal, depressing it slightly causes the car to start slowing down immediately and the braking feel consistent all the way to a full stop. It took me a while to get used to it - I guess driving around with worn brakes just means you slowly get accustomed to them.

Next weekend, I plan on getting the car back on the lift and then doing a close up inspection on rotors and pads.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Sounds like it went well, good job. It can only get better after a full bed-in on the freeway from a bit faster speed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have used this supplier frequently over the last 10 years.

Based on approximately 10 sets for various vehicles, I had one bad experience.

My last 2005 300c experience I tried drilled+slotted rotors all round. Terrible vibrations. Replaced the back with a second set of drilled+slotted rotors and the vibrations were better. Then replaced the front with regular basic rotors and the vibration was corrected. Could have just received a bad set.

Lucky for me these guys are close to where I live.

You get what you pay for, but when they are that cheap, you can replace them frequently.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
His dropdown doesn't list SRT or 6.1 in Chrysler or Dodge.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I paid $322 for slotted and drilled rotors and matched pads from amazon and they are freakin great...way more stopping power....no fade.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depending on the vehicle, driver, KM, it is too tough to remember exactly. Generally 2-3 years per set.

The convenience of having quick access to cheap brake parts I usually "just replace them" as soon as I feel any vibration during highway stopping experience.

So far just the one really bad experience which could have just been a "bad batch".

The same company (max) sells under another name as well. AAP (Atom Auto Parts).

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I am not sure yet but so far seem to be holding up very well and for sure run much cooler then stock the slots help the gasses escape and the holes help with cooling...my stock ones ran hot and after time got vibration even though tons of pad life left these are pro stop seem to be good quality about 3 months old and my left foot weighs a ton lol performing just as well as when installed tons of pad left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve used SP Performance Rotors and brake pads for past 10 years on different cars that I’ve owned. Never had any problems. I was able to get 65,000 miles on a set of their Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors opposed too around 15,000 miles on the stock rotors on my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I purchased a set for my C about 2 months ago and I love them. Car stop much better and don’t need to push on the pedal has hard to get the car to stop. I purchased them from street-plus .com and used Promotion Code 10F-626-5 and receive a 10% Discount. I believe the code is still active.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts