Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I commute two hours per day, about 50 miles total. I've been doing this commute in rush hour LA traffic for over 7 years. I tend to see many of the same folks on a daily basis. The same cars, stickers, custom license plates, its all a blur, but occasionally I see a car that really stands out. A ferrari, a nicely modified Honda, the occasional Cobra, they all catch my attention at some point. The girl in the pink honda with the license plate frame "Haters. There Everywhere!" (I'm not joking. I laugh every time I read it)

For the past few months, I have enountered a Maybach 62 in the fast lane, switching between the Carpool and fast lane without a care in the world about penniless $300 tickets from the CHP. I have seen this Maybach four times, and each time I stare in awe as the chaffeur swerves in and out of traffic, carefree about the tickets he could be given for his illegal maneuvers. A fine driver, but pays absolutely zero attention to the law. Enough cash makes you above the law I guess... :rolleyes:

Last night I had a firebird riding my tail too close for comfort through an onramp and I opened it up to merge onto the freeway. The firebird kept up with me the entire time, until I slowed to watch in awe as the mysterious Maybach pulled up next to me and slowed. The Firebird passed as I stared at the Maybach, I was paying no attention to the firebird any more. The Maybach is an interesting vehicle. Its somewhat of a behemeoth on the road. Giant back seats with recliners, mini bar and artificial sunlight roofs will do that to a vehicular design you could say. It is massive.

There was something special and different about this particular encounter, the Maybach was seemingly pacing me and I was pacing it. Is the driver checking out my car or is the Chaffeur trying to mess with me? Shall I nail the throttle and teach myself a hard lesson not to mess with a twin turbo'd V12? I have faith in the Hemi, but was humbled by the fact I'm fully aware of what lies beneath the hood of a $360,000 Maybach.

It sped up a bit and paced me a car length ahead in the lane next to me. There it hung out for a mile or two, apparently someone in the back seat was quite fond of Chrysler Daimlers new pride and joy. It slowed a bit and pulled back next to me again. The back window cracks, and a hand pops out of the window.

A thumbs up.

I mashed the pedal to the floor, waved and sped off with the Maybach in chase. We played tag in light traffic for a while before the chaffeur decided to do his signature driving move. I've seen it 3 times before. An Illegal carpool lane change and off he went, leaving me stuck behind a Toyota prius driver.

After all these went down, I kicked myself for not realizing I had my camera in my center console. What I wouldn't have given to have a picture of that thumbs up mounted on my garage wall. I'll have to snap some pictures the next time I see it. We must have the same commute.

This car is a badass. I love my Chrysler and apparently a guy who can afford a Maybach loves them too. :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Excellent story. We do have unique cars for now. They first always have to get along side to see if its a hemi. Getting alot of notice from these new BMW 6 series coupes lately.

Bob

·
Registered
378 Posts
LOTHP said:
Let's make it easy on folks and spread the word that the "C" stands for chrome mirrors. Easiest way to spot a C from the front or side.
That's a good one.:D But you are right about the mirrors. That's the first thing that my bride and I look for when we see a 300 coming down the road.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Great Story. yes Rogue you must snap a shot of the thumbs up!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
WOW, i just read this story and it's amazing! i can remember when our cars were rare, especially in Australia and it would pull looks from everyone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
thumbs up !!!!!
there is a millionaire who replaced his bentley arnage red label with a 300c i forget his name but the guy can buy his own counrty

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awesome story.....especially the THUMBS UP....hey he probably could of given you the middle finger instead and hauled ass!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I must concure, that is a great story. Makes me feel good and I was not the one receiving the thumbs up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts