Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
tekhen said:
a member from dodgemagnumclub.com has created a way to indicate when the MDS is active.

For all the DIYs here you go.

http://www.dodgemagnumclub.com/board/showthread.php?t=11492
Thanks for the lead Tek, here's a short description of how he did it:
Post #9
No, you don't need a relay, and just about any small light will work. I tried 3 different ones and ended up using the lighted rocker switch. I got the signal from the No. 4 cylinder MDS solenoid power wire at the PCM. It is a brown/light blue 18 gauge wire (pin 28) on PCM plug C1. C1 is the top plug on the PCM. I used a saddle splice to tie a plug in pig tail. This way if I have to, I can easily unplug and remove. This way, if I don't want to monitor the MDS, I just turn the switch off. Works cool. I was out testing some more tonight. I will say the MDS does not work the way book says it does. Have to be in Drive and in top gear above 30 mph to make mine work. I have not seen it work when the engine is cold. The coolest temp. I've seen it work at is about 130 degrees.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Honda saw fit to include an "eco" light to indicate MDS activity. It works when warmed up and frequently in town in any light to light-mod throttle situations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts