Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had issues with the MDS system. My 05 300C runs rough at constant throttle but when you ever so slightly increase throttle, it smoths out. Happens at 30 mph through 70 mph. Thinking it may be an issue with cylinder deactivation. Thoughts? Thank you in advance. PS engine will sometimes die at idle. Won't start with foot off throttle but takes right off when you put a little throttle to it. Still turns over, just won't start. Does it a coupld of times and then is fine for another month. No check engine or codes that I am aware of.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Before we get involved, tell us the year of your car (it certainly isn't a 1985!), the mileage on it, and the status of tune-ups and transmission maintenance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Model year 2005 purchased in 2004. Vehicle has about 125,000 miles on it. No warning lighs are on, didn't know that there was an MDS light. I experience the vibration (don't know if it's a miss) whenever I am at constant speed up to 70 mph. Thinking that maybe one of the lifters is not being disabled so I am getting compression and no fuel or spark. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Model year 2005 purchased in 2004. Vehicle has about 125,000 miles on it. No warning lighs are on, didn't know that there was an MDS light. I experience the vibration (don't know if it's a miss) whenever I am at constant speed up to 70 mph. Thinking that maybe one of the lifters is not being disabled so I am getting compression and no fuel or spark. Thanks.
As it is a 2005 it doesn't have an MDS light, unless someone installed something.

tweekes: Q1) has the car had a tuneup (spark plugs, perhaps even plug wires) in the last
30,000 miles(or less)?
Q2) has the transmission fluid and filter been changed in the last 60,000 miles(or less)?

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Check your throttle body...it probably needs cleaning and replace your EGR valve. Low speed hesitation and poor throttle response are usually caused by those two component issues.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
x2 on post #5 and #6. tweeks, as a point of reference, I bought my 05 300c with 84,000 miles on the clock and about 3 months after I bought it I was having idling issues...tuned it up (new plugs and wires - DIY), seafoam in the tank, new EGR valve (easy DIY), and cleaned a horribly dirty throttle body. Issues were resolved. Unrelated, I had the tranny serviced and that solved a separate lurching at low speeds. Good advice up there from a couple who "bin around the block" a few times!
Keep us posted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts