Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a meet set up on the 4th May and will if I can try to make it. but just so you know there's a huge meet of over 600 cars in July for the Silverstone Classic. Obviously it's possibly very late on to organise meeting but it's pretty central.

Perhaps and this is a wild stab in the dark, we could get Chrysler to organise a meet using the circuit (later on in the year) incl a couple of laps etc? bit of a PR coup and a good day out?

Anyhow, i'm a complete newbie at this and very much appreciate John's really kind offer to meet up in May.

thanks again here's hoping I get the car tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I'd be interested in a meet up at Silverstone, not too much of a trek from the South Coast.

Good luck with your car collection tomorrow, I'm off for a leisurely cruise up to Bluewater in mine tomorrow, pity I won't have time to clean it before I go................................

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Silverstone ay!!!hmm not too far from Santa Pod either,now that would be good

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Count me in for a Silverstone meet, would be good PR for the forum, as well as a good day, not quite so far as Scotland either!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silverstone a possibility

there's a big event at the end of july called the silverstoneclassic. Lots of clubs and associations display their vehicles there (go to the website of the same name if you want to check). It may be a bit late to display there but there's always the possibility. It's a good weekend out, not as formal as the GP and alot cheaper too. You can contact them about displaying but they may need us to be a more organised group... but what do i know?

My other thought was to see if Chrysler would sponsor (in full or part) a more private event at the circuit with perhaps some laps included (even for a small fee?). Do some PR and advertising (especially with the new models out soon)?

I should say, I feel like I'm stepping on John's toes and that's not my intention and most definitely apologies wholeheartedly if it seems that way, especially given all the effort he's putting into organising the lanark meeting (my car's been delayed again so am losing faith with the dealer now but I will get one somewhere) and if I can be at the meeting I will certainly do so.

Best wishes

·
Registered
347 Posts
you be meaning this then:-

Silverstone Official Website

with sunday 27th july being the obvious date (which I can do)

my skills do not lie in organisation and I am not volunteering unfortunately but i would be v.happy if someone could sort this out for us, as we are too far from scotland i dont think this would be stepping on johns toes, it would be complimentary, and you never know some of our scottish/northern counterparts may come as well.

another place close to silverstone occured to me if silverstone doesnt work is
here:-

Fawsley Hall Official Site

I flew a helicopter in there once and they were really nice and would be a cracking place for a sunday lunch meet.

any volunteers?

regards

elipirata

·
Registered
461 Posts
Silverstone or Fawsley Hall - either way I'll be there :fing02: - I used to live in Towcester

Re Silverstone club stand do we have any UK Chrysler employees on forum who could point us in the right direction of whom to contact re sponsorship?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the website to look at is the Silverstone Classic I know the guys organising it so could ask but i honestly suspect it's a bit late to organise a "club" meeting. What I did think however, is that the track is pretty quiet for the vast majority of the year and there should be no reason whatsoever why "we" couldn't get a meeting organised which may include a couple of circuits. Preferably sponsored by Chrysler? I spoke with a dealer today who's going to mention it to the Chrysler marketing director as I personally think it would be a pretty good marketing coup if they could get 20 or 30 (perhaps more) all lined up and some individual shots going round the circuit as a memento.. I'd certainly be happy to pay 50 quid or so for the day out...

anyhow it was just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
BMEWS, you certainly aren't stepping on my toes if you want to organise something at Silverstone. The Classic would be the ideal meet for those down south and certainly not in competition with the wee affair I am organising at New Lanark. However knowing events of that nature you will be pushing your luck for this year - whether to go "independent" later in the year or hold fire for next year ..................... By the way, I haven't been being huffy - one hell of a poor internet connection - even normal email is a hit or miss affair at times. Good luck with it.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMEWS, you certainly aren't stepping on my toes if you want to organise something at Silverstone. The Classic would be the ideal meet for those down south and certainly not in competition with the wee affair I am organising at New Lanark. However knowing events of that nature you will be pushing your luck for this year - whether to go "independent" later in the year or hold fire for next year ..................... By the way, I haven't been being huffy - one hell of a poor internet connection - even normal email is a hit or miss affair at times. Good luck with it.
Cheers John
Hi John,

:) most certainly know you're not in huff mode... appreciate the kind support too..... I think you're right.. I don't think we're

a. organised enough to call ourselves a club
b. a classic car (i think it's anything pre 1988)
c. in time given the fact it's at the end of July.

As you may read elsewhere. I'm still (for the moment) car-less but the 4th still looks like it can happen.. diary permitting

My other post mentioned trying to get DC to do something as it could be a grand day out for all concerned.... My original post was just to say I noticed and indeed appreciate just how much effort you've put into organising the event up North and didn't want to look as though (for a complete newbie) just come in and suggest something else.

I certainly believe this could be a complimentary thing and an opportunity for the further south peeps to get involved too.. I've driven around the circuit so many times and know just how much fun it is.... and to take away a good pic of your own car.. going around the official British F1 GP track.... especially as everyone's so chuffed with the capabilities of their own vehicles... Imagine.... a load of "Diesels" all tootling around the F1 circuit... at a high rate of knots... (not since the 24 hour events has there been that many) getting themselves (perhaps) passed by the HEMI's.... Let DC bring their 08 Models.... invite some prospective purchasers.... Personally, it would just be such a laugh...

again, many thanks for your kind words... They are really appreciated..

Al

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
just a hint you know.lol,but Santa Pod does a "run what ya brung",all you need is your car,your driving licence and if you think your car will do over 100mph in the 1/4 mile a helmet,£10 entrance fee and £20 to do as many runs as you can.Can you imagine a ton of "C"s at the Pod,it would put the ricers to shame.Imagine the scenario,being beaten in your ricer by a freakin diesel.Priceless.Like I said,just a thought

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Rockingham has bends.lmao.
there is Elvington and also Shakespeare Raceway in Avon,let the missus loose with the credit card in Avon while we thrash the "C"s down the 1/4 mile,sounds like heaven to me.lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
rockingham, santa pod, silverstone are all pretty central but elvington is a pretty long way north.

my own preference would be for circuit rather than a drag race, but hey a pub car park would suit me. I dont really care but dont want to drive 250 miles to get there

elpirata

·
Registered
58 Posts
Taking mine to Santa pod over the summer. I am hoping It will clarify just how powerful the CRD is.

Anyone like to predict the time and terminal speed?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts