Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EAST LINK Opening Classic Vehicle Convoy

15th June from around 10am till 4pm from Thompsons Rd Frankston the convoy will be about 40klm to Ringwood where there will be a display of the vehicles.

The following is the information I have from the organisers of this event which is likely to be well publicised afterwards.

Leading up to the opening of the new East Link Fwy as part of EastLink Road Show we are looking to organize a convoy of vehicles i.e. Hotrods, Aussie Muscle, American Muscle, Vintage and Exotics etc., like 10-12 cars from each club or group
It will take place on the 15th June from around 10am till 4pm we will meet at Thompson Rd Frankston and start the convoy it will be about 40klm to Ringwood where we will park the cars in a display for the public to admire.

Once we have sign off on the plan of the convoy we will send out more official information to everyone with passes, directions, rules etc., there will also be a police presence and they are talking about a 40klm speed limit. I will keep everyone posted as more information comes to hand.

If you are interested in participating please post up your interest and depending on the number I may need to ballot who will get in for the day.

Many thanks to Arnold for bringing this to my attention and giving the the event organiser's contact details for me arrange for our group.

·
Registered
633 Posts
count me in john.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'll be up for this John.

·
Registered
499 Posts
John,
Happy to participate.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Me too, count me in

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey John. "A HEMI" will be there as well.
The question has been asked ; can we return to the starting point at Frankston after the show at Ringwood by driving back down the freeway?
I reckon if we can its back to badabings shop for coffee.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WNTD.1, are you still on the road? I thought you had hung up your boots courtesy of Mr Pod.

Right now we have our 12. If others respond I can take it on board and ask for concensus, do we go with 1st in best dressed?, or run a ballot?

·
Registered
633 Posts
first in I said, I would as I was one of them lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
I agree 1st in. As I to was one of them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
WNTD.1, are you still on the road? I thought you had hung up your boots courtesy of Mr Pod.

Right now we have our 12. If others respond I can take it on board and ask for concensus, do we go with 1st in best dressed?, or run a ballot?
I get my licence back on the 8th and this event is on the 15th so im all sweet... and ready

yes 1st in..... haha i was one of them 2....

1 - 20 of 157 Posts