Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I really appreciate all of your help. Everyone has been helpful with other questions but I just had one pop up. I am a newbie. I just bought my '06 SRT8 yesterday. I was trying to set the memory seat and nothing happened. When I pressed the 1 button, the data center said that it couldn't work because the seat belt was fastened. I did not have my seat belt on. Any answers. Thanks!

Robert

·
Registered
465 Posts
i have similar issues with my memory seats. i cannot get it to over-write the previous owners settings. i might need it reset by the dealer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might have to do the same. It is just weird that it says my "seat belt is fastened" when it is not. Let me know if they tell you how to reset it. Take it easy.

Robert

·
Registered
164 Posts
you might want to check that the previous owner didn't deactivate the seat belt. this site has the info but i believe it is key on- buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3x -key off. you should get a gong if it works. this activates and deactivates the buckle

·
Registered
164 Posts
here is the actual post. hope this helps

1.Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2.Start the engine & wait for the
Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3.Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle & then re-buckle the driver's
belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

Note:
Watch for the
Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (
Belt Alert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately this did not work. I will try a couple of more times before I run it over to the dealer. I am not seeing the seat belt light come on when I unbuckle each time.

Robert

·
Registered
127 Posts
Keys

I had the same problem, but my mistake was i would set it and then use my wifes car keys and it would reset to her settings. 1 set of keys 2 settings one for each driver. :pat:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just need to get to where the memory seat function will work. It keeps telling me that the Memory Seat Disabled. Seat Belts Fastened.

I have tried what was listed on an earlier post to no avail. I am going to try one more time then I will run it by the dealership next week.

I have to say, I absolutely love this car but it will be the first one that I actually have to sit down and read the owner's manual because of all the bells and whistles.

Robert

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the memory seats still don't work. I have tried many times the sequence to turn the seat belt warning on/off. One problem that I see is that when I unbuckle the seat belt, the seat belt light does not light up. When I push the memory seat button, it says that the system has been disabled because of the seat belt being fastened. Any answers??

Robert

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Well, the memory seats still don't work. I have tried many times the sequence to turn the seat belt warning on/off. One problem that I see is that when I unbuckle the seat belt, the seat belt light does not light up. When I push the memory seat button, it says that the system has been disabled because of the seat belt being fastened. Any answers??

Robert
You're probably going to need this flash done - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0802406.pdf.

Bernie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I took the car to the dealer to see what the problem was with the memory seat. Come to find out, the prior idiot... uhm... owner had gone in and put a "jumper wire" that disabled the system altogether. Well, when he did that, he voided my warranty, leaving me holding the bill for the service today. Luckily, I got ahold of the dealer that I just bought the car from and they took care of the bill. All is well. The seats work, and what is really cool with this car is that I can control my seats with my key.

Thanks for all of you guys' help on this.

Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts