Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Mercedes Parts

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Northern Rider 
StCassel said:
Before I even got my first car out of high school, I have been sold on the
quality of all Mercedes-Benz vehicles, from the husband of an aunt's sister. As a matter of fact, I am thinking strongly about getting an SL55 AMG, as a fun weekend car-toy. My first Mercedes-Benzer. My 300C will serve well, my everyday automotive needs. Love the fact that 40% of my 300C is Mercedes-Benz parts.

I have never bought a car based on the recommendation of "Consumer Reports." All cars they recommend (save one), I would not want to own.
CR likes rice-burners. I could not believe that CR did not give all high marks for any Mercedes. CR recommends anything Porsche. [I am also considering a Porsche 911 Turbo. But I like the lines and power of the SL55 much more.] I may be very fortunate but, my vehicles have been excellent despite what CR recommends other wise. CR is usually too picky in their car reviews.
But not a single MB recommended?!?!?! What is the problem of CR??????
Well, if I may just express a thought or two about Comsumer Reports:

CR (auto section) has always been a bunch of anal beancounters salavating over the likes of Toyota Echoes built by souless Asian industries.

Real auto enthusiasts try real hard to avoid CR and their ilk, IMHO.

So there - :p :p :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.