Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell are these things, never seen one before, I passed one on the highway and noticed twin tailpipes, I owned a GS ten years ago when I lived in Canada it was a 4.6L V8 but could not pull the skin of a rice pudding, this thing seemed to have a few go faster body bits and sounded 'MEAN'!

There was an old guy driving and he stuck to my ar$e like $hit to a blanket but we never got a chance to go...busy traffic.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
What the hell are these things, never seen one before, I passed one on the highway and noticed twin tailpipes, I owned a GS ten years ago when I lived in Canada it was a 4.6L V8 but could not pull the skin of a rice pudding, this thing seemed to have a few go faster body bits and sounded 'MEAN'!

There was an old guy driving and he stuck to my ar$e like $hit to a blanket but we never got a chance to go...busy traffic.

Mark
Awesome machine but no match for your 300C. Can't believe you never saw one before..... it's a 302 hp DOHC 4.6 liter V8. Came out in '02 and '03 I believe and before the "C" came out it was gonna be my next car. They didn't sell well because it was "only" 302 hp... but it was the only full size RWD performance sedan offered by an "American" car company until the LX platform came out.

Beware however...... mods are numerous and readily available for this cars; you may end up messing with one that's supercharged or more and get you A$$ handed to you!

·
Registered
465 Posts
they call it a muscle car in a tuxedo. they are very rare and still hard to find. they made the marauder for like 2 years and i believe they brought them back from the past. dont quote me on that. i have always wanted one and i will still buy one to this day if i can find one. they are awesome cars and awesome collector cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Mark
There are 2 in the Fort Myers area that have been heavily modded with S/C and shorter gearing. I know the owner of the shop that modded them, one has 600RWHP, and the other is nearer to 700. These both have $50k plus put into them. One is maroon, I think the other was very dark blue. Both are bad news.

I see them as direct competition!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i have a supercharged merc marauder i love it

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Awesome machine but no match for your 300C. Can't believe you never saw one before..... it's a 302 hp DOHC 4.6 liter V8. Came out in '02 and '03 I believe and before the "C" came out it was gonna be my next car. They didn't sell well because it was "only" 302 hp... but it was the only full size RWD performance sedan offered by an "American" car company until the LX platform came out.

Beware however...... mods are numerous and readily available for this cars; you may end up messing with one that's supercharged or more and get you A$$ handed to you!
03 and 04 and yes many of them are heavily modded with s/c and gears and a bunch of other goodies

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i thought they came supercharged, stock.

nice machine.. cant believe you hadnt seen one before..

there is a nice black one here in irvine, rumbles the floor just idling. i dont think i even know what he has under the hood../

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i thought they came supercharged, stock.

nice machine.. cant believe you hadnt seen one before..

there is a nice black one here in irvine, rumbles the floor just idling. i dont think i even know what he has under the hood../
no, supercharged isnt stock but many of them are

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
LMAO leave it to Moose to set the record straight! Also if they have too invest that much (50-60K) into them to get 600-700 HP thats a joke. You'd be better off buying a Honda and putting turbos on it. No Thanks give me a Mopar anyday.
i paid less on my brand new marauder plus blown and alot of other mods added all together than i did with my srt-8( bought used)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not bashing Maruders as I wanted one for a short while. I'm just sayin I'll take my SRT anyday of an 8 day week compared. Like Moose says it's just a Crown Vic with a body kit and dual exhaust. Looking back I'm glad I didn't get one because I'm pretty sure I'd be bored with it. I smile (literally) evertime I pick the keys up to drive my SRT it's just a blast to drive. Also maybe it's this area but I see at least 1 Marauder every week around here, I never knew they were that scarce. If you werent so far jblue21 we could meet in the middle and have a friendly race. lol

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
"Like Moose says it's just a Crown Vic with a body kit and dual exhaust. "

I guess I could say any 300 is "Just a last gen E Class with a Hemi"

I'm sure the guy in a 700 horse Marauder, doesn't care what the SRT8 owner thinks :) (In fact, most of the world doesn't care what Mopar owners think) that's never changed :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'm not bashing Maruders as I wanted one for a short while. I'm just sayin I'll take my SRT anyday of an 8 day week compared. Like Moose says it's just a Crown Vic with a body kit and dual exhaust. Looking back I'm glad I didn't get one because I'm pretty sure I'd be bored with it. I smile (literally) evertime I pick the keys up to drive my SRT it's just a blast to drive. Also maybe it's this area but I see at least 1 Marauder every week around here, I never knew they were that scarce. If you werent so far jblue21 we could meet in the middle and have a friendly race. lol
my marauder is faster than my srt-8

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was looking for a new age 4 door RWD muscle car and the pickings were very slim. Wanted to buy a Marauder but didn't because stock they really weren't that fast and they looked like a police car. That said there is something about them I really do like. Always check them out when I spot one. My daughter will text me when she sees one. They are easily modded. When they came out the dealer even told me about a charger that could be put on them right out of the box that added like 30-40 HP. Just didn't want to buy a car that from day one needed after market. When the 300C came out I jumped on it soo fast.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thats a 2 way street as we dont care what they think. lol
and jblue look at the mod comparison! A blower versus a Tuner? not apples to apples
there is never apples to apples when it comes to comparing cars, i paid less for my whole rauder application and more for my used srt-8, if anything the srt-8 should have the upper hand cause i paid more. and you cant compare our 6.1 to the 4.6 thats not apples to apples either.

and whats the point in saying youd want to race then go and post it wouldnt be fair, you cant have it both ways i was only stating i know which is faster

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I guess I could say any 300 is "Just a last gen E Class with a Hemi"
The difference between a Marauder and a Crown Vic is roughly the difference between a 300C and a 300C SRT8.

This is the W124 E-Class, the car that people keep saying the 300C is:

Now let's share a few odds and ends about it:
Length: 187.2"
Width: 68.5"
Height: 56.3"

Wheelbase: 110.2"

The W124 engine bay:

The last gen E-Class (In case that's what you think it is:

Stats:
Length: 189.4"
Width: 70.8"
Height: 56.7"

Wheelbase: 111.5"

Engine bay:

The Chrysler 300C:
[Come on, you know what it looks like]

Stats:
Length: 196.8"
Width: 74.1"
Height: 58.4"

Wheelbase: 120"

Engine bay:

The LX Platform is not, and never was used on the Mercedes E-Class. The suspension, transmission, steering gear, and some other electrical/mechanical components were.

Again, ironically I point out, many of those Mercedes components are commonly bitched about (tranny o-ring leak, steering issues?, suspension/handling? LOL)

Oh yeah, here's a W210 with the front clip off:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Actually, it's technically a Grand Marquis, not a Crown Vic.

When I bought my 300C, (after my HPP Crown Vic was totalled), it was a decision between an '03 Marauder or the '05 300C. The 300 cost a few grand more, but was newer and had a lot more features. Plus lower miles. Even though I had always wanted a Marauder, I was (and continue to be) happy with my decision.

If they still made the Marauder (or even made the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis the way I wanted it), I may have never even taken a look at the Chrysler. So, I guess I'm lucky they decided to take it off the market.

·
Registered
770 Posts
When the 300C first came out with the 2005 model in mid 2004 (before the SRT was here), there was a bit of a spat here on the forum betwen the C and Marauder folks. An article had been written in a magazine somewhere that the C outright beat some cars out there speed wise (ie Acura TL, base WRX, Mustang at the time, those types) and sent the Mercury Marauder screaming home to its mommy. Obviously new C owners were feeling their oats with articles talking about 0-60 of 5.3, 5.6, and 5.8 and acting cocky. The Marauder folks took a little offense. Point was made and well taken though - modified they can be monsters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts