Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Discount Tire Company in Bloominton, MN to replace the tire of my '96 SS when I saw your black 300C parked outside. You were inside looking for 22" rims. It was good to meet you, which rims and tires did you go with? I can't wait to see it when it's done!

To anyone: Is there a Minneapolis 300C club? If not, there should be... I also can't find a section on this message board for regional gatherings/clubs.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Whomever went to Tire Rack looking for 22" rims left without them. Tire Rack does not carry them and probably will not offer that size (IMO) due to it being such an 'extreme' fitment.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E55 KEV said:
Whomever went to Tire Rack looking for 22" rims left without them. Tire Rack does not carry them and probably will not offer that size (IMO) due to it being such an 'extreme' fitment.
Umm... what does this have to do with "Tire Rack"?

·
Registered
588 Posts
nick_danger said:
...To anyone: Is there a Minneapolis 300C club? If not, there should be... I also can't find a section on this message board for regional gatherings/clubs.
Just start a new thread on your regional area. I suggest you put it in the Pictures/Media section.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
E55 KEV said:
hmmmm! What does your change meeting with a stranger in Tire Rack have to do with "General Discussion" or Chrysler 300 Sedans?
I think there is mutual confusion here...

He was at Discount Tire, not Tire Rack so I can see his question...on the other hand, I can see what you mean about the thread possibly not fitting the forum.

Let's just call it a day and let this one die.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What a way to break into the forum!!!

Hello everyone . . . this is my first post but I have been following the forum since early May. I must add that I am very impressed with the quality of the discussion and the civil way everyone addresses each other.

I'm Phil and I ran into Nick at DISCOUNT TIRES in Bloomington, MN and we had a nice discussion about 300's. I did in fact order 22" Divinci (Pasha) rims and Hankok 265/35/22 tires. I hope it looks as awsome as Tibbs black 300C does.

I will post some pics as soon as I get the rims installed which is scheduled for early next week. This is an awsome car . . . and got her about 3 weeks ago. I traded an '01 Corvette to get the 300C. Two little girls don't fit legally in the front seat!!!

God Bless!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[QUOTE="C" by Faith]I will post some pics as soon as I get the rims installed which is scheduled for early next week.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I can't wait to see them! 20"+ is really the only way to go with this beast.

BTW, it does look like there was some confusion, sorry about that. I assumed "general" meant we could discuss anything generally regarding the 300C. If I'm in the wrong, I apologize. In addition, I'm not aware of any Tire Rack stores in my area, I thought it was only online. Discount Tire Co is a great tire/wheel chain in my area, though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
No problem; I was just suggesting that a new thread about your possible regional area, which probably would be more pics than anything else, would likely fit better in the Pictures/Media category than in the General Discussion area.

The problem here with your initial post was two different threads in one post; that confused some. It is always better to stay on topic in the appropriate category. If another subject is needed, begin a new thread in another category or whereever it fits.

One of the problems of this board format is the ability to "lose" threads and make them very difficult to find since any poster can start a new thread. Staying on a specific topic makes the Search engine work better and we can all find that subject very easily.

Also, check out the Active Topics feature at the top of any page. It will always show the top 50 threads and ease finding different posts.

When a subject shows unusual interest such as a safety matter or over about 30 posts, I usually will make them "stickies" so they don't scroll off in time. For more on that subject, please see the "Stickies" thread in the first category ".../Rules/...".

Enjoy the board.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I apologize also. I read wrong and thought Nick posted Tire Rack. Welcome aboard nick_danger and "C by Faith". Let's get those pics up. Congrats!

·
Registered
440 Posts
[QUOTE="C" by Faith]I did in fact order 22" Divinci (Pasha) rims and Hankok 265/35/22 tires. [/QUOTE]

I have the Hankook 265/35/22 tires on DVS 785's. My front tires have a slight rub on the upper A-Arm bolt. You may want to grind the bolt down some.

http://www.rankmyride.com/data//d/3/15121//.large/dscf0003.jpg

PS Be careful in the rain, these tires have a huge flat surface and can make driving in the rain, well exciting ;)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
indyCoder said:
I have the Hankook 265/35/22 tires on DVS 785's. My front tires have a slight rub on the upper A-Arm bolt. You may want to grind the bolt down some.
Compare the offsets of the two rims. That rub may not happen if his rims offset is lower than yours. That is if the rim does not go in as far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts