Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to install the metra xsvi-6502 harnes for my alpine headunit and have a question about the difference between the orange illumination wire and the orange/white dimmer wire both coming from the metra harness. the alpine plug only has the orange illumination wire. do i need to use both the orange and the orange/white wire from the metra harness? or do i just need the orange illumination wire?

thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
trying to install the metra xsvi-6502 harnes for my alpine headunit and have a question about the difference between the orange illumination wire and the orange/white dimmer wire both coming from the metra harness. the alpine plug only has the orange illumination wire. do i need to use both the orange and the orange/white wire from the metra harness? or do i just need the orange illumination wire?

thanks.
Might want to read the Alpine owner's manual to confirm, but sometimes aftermarket head units will have a dimmer wire along with an illumination wire. If it doesn't say one way or the other, you may be able to hook up the dimmer wire to the illumination wire going to the headunit and it will dim according to how you have your dimmer set in your car. I would try it both ways and see which way you prefer it.

It may no work with it being wired to the dimmer wire, so you will have to go with the illumination wire. It just depends on the headunit itself as to which one it will work with.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts