Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just replacing my brakes and realized "this is the money shot". New Michelin's - now that's a tire! Looked into Nito NT05 but decided to replace the Toyo Proxes with Michelin's new Super Sports and glad I did. The Nito’s may be great but I’m digging these Michelins.

Heading into SpankinTime Motorsports next week; doubling the blower boost and looking for 700 rwhp. Thought it would be rude to leave it with them, having half-ass brakes.

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8
426 Stroker (blueprinted / balanced, forged internals)
Ported heads, Stage 3 Blower cam, upgraded fuel management (injectors and pump), 87mm TB, Kooks long tube header, Corsa Extreme exhaust, stall converter, Vortech V3-SI Blower

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Wow looks great!! From my little bit of research on here those seem to be a pretty big fav!!

And I love to see TST builds in action, looking forward to some kill vids!!!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Best tires ever out of seven sets! Michelin Pilot SS are the gold standard.

And the idiots gave me a 30,000 mile treadwear warranty!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Love those tires! They are not cheap by any means, but then again, the tire is what helps get the results!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Love those tires! They are not cheap by any means, but then again, the tire is what helps get the results!
We pay between 4 - 5 times the price for the same performance tyre over in Oz.
A $215 tyre in the US can be $1,180 for the same tyre here.

So I have to disagree and say that there dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
So if they charge the same price for shipping as the tyre costs to buy then they're still less than half the price?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tread patterns are kinda similar to the F1's from what I see. Looks like a nice tire! Tires are the most important part of a car IMO! How much per corner?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Tread patterns are kinda similar to the F1's from what I see. Looks like a nice tire! Tires are the most important part of a car IMO! How much per corner?
The compound is so stickey that if you put the palm of your hand on the tire, push down a bit, you can not drag your hand across the tire's tread. I paid about $340 x2 for the Fronts (245/30/ZR20) and $420 x2 for the rears (295/30ZR20). It also lowered the car a half an inch.

With the torque this motor produces, I'm thinking these tires are gonna cost me a set of half-shafts real soon.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm guessing that 295 rear tire is on a 10" rim, right? I'm still trying to figure out how wide I can go on my 9" stock SRT8 rims. 285 seems to be the consensus, but 295 might just fit...

·
Registered
328 Posts
The compound is so stickey that if you put the palm of your hand on the tire, push down a bit, you can not drag your hand across the tire's tread. I paid about $340 x2 for the Fronts (245/30/ZR20) and $420 x2 for the rears (295/30ZR20). It also lowered the car a half an inch.

With the torque this motor produces, I'm thinking these tires are gonna cost me a set of half-shafts real soon.
Nice, sounds like a nice tire! I got a set of regular pilots on an SL550 and they grip like crazy so i could imagine these are like glue! Not too bad on the price either. almost the same as the Goodyears! Ill have to look into these when the time comes for tires!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm guessing that 295 rear tire is on a 10" rim, right? I'm still trying to figure out how wide I can go on my 9" stock SRT8 rims. 285 seems to be the consensus, but 295 might just fit...
I have the 295 wide on stock SRT rims. They fit fine and no issues in the wheel wells.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Not only the shafts, better look to your tranny if you haven't already. I've read really good things about Paramount...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts