Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Midnight Blue 300C w/SRT8 Wheels&Tires

31K views 74 replies 28 participants last post by  33hemi 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Model 57 said:
"know how poor the handling was"; with the stock wheels? I think that it handles quite well, and a hell of a lot better than 90+% of the new cars out there.
It handles well, but taking it past where most people drive shows just how much of a boat it can be. I'm a kid, so I drive dumb and fast, but I've done road racing schools, so I know how to take corners, and the 300 really doesn't do them that great, especially w/ stock tires... fat sidewalls and mediocre grip. I can't wait to get some lower sidewall, wider, performance tires on.

#6 ·
Model 57 said:
"know how poor the handling was"; with the stock wheels? I think that it handles quite well, and a hell of a lot better than 90+% of the new cars out there.
Put some 20's and some higher performance tires on your car and you will agree with me. For a big car the stock 18's handle OK for what they are designed for - high mileage, nice ride. With the 20's on the ride quality is very close to stock and handling is much improved in my opinion.

#9 ·
JustForFun said:
steverwrx ,

Throw us a bone man!

JFF:D
LOL

Running the Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45/20. No spacers or grinding required. The 255/45/20 Goodyear Eagle F1 are slightly too wide for front fitment. The wheels should be available from your local dealer soon in the $450-$500 range.

#10 ·
steverwrx said:
LOL

Running the Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45/20. No spacers or grinding required. The 255/45/20 Goodyear Eagle F1 are slightly too wide for front fitment. The wheels should be available from your local dealer soon in the $450-$500 range.
Steve,

What do you think about running the 255 Goodyear's in the rear with the 245's up front? Please advise, as I have a blimp tattooed on my rear end...I think all old Goodyear retirees do. ;)

#11 ·
The Goodyear F1 255/45/20 does fit fine on the rear. I wanted to keep the same tire type all the way around. If Goodyear releases a 255/45 or 275/40 in the Eagle RSA, I might change the rear tire size next change.

... you should probably do something about that tatoo ;)

#12 · (Edited)
steverwrx said:
The Goodyear F1 255/45/20 does fit fine on the rear. I wanted to keep the same tire type all the way around. If Goodyear releases a 255/45 or 275/40 in the Eagle RSA, I might change the rear tire size next change.

... you should probably do something about that tattoo ;)
Thanks for the info...and you're right about the tattoo. Fortunately, it washes-off when the need arises. ;)

#14 · (Edited)
You sure spacers aren't required?

steverwrx said:
LOL

Thanks for the info!

But I am still unsrure how this setup works without having a rubbing issue on the steering knuckle.

THIS POST states the ideal offset for a 20" wheel on the 300C is 21-24 mm.

Furthermore, according to THIS POST, the offset on the SRT wheels is 25.5 mm.

Finally, I asked about the need for spacers in putting SRT wheels on a 300C in THIS THREAD , and THIS THREAD on the Brampton Factory messageboard.

It was indicated in both threads, that a minimal spacer of 5 mm was needed for this to work properly.

steverwrx, are you SURE that you aren't getting some bump and grind in there and that you wouldn't be better off with a spacer? That is a signifigant change from a 24mm offset to a 25.5 mm one.

#15 ·
JustForFun said:
Thanks for the info!

But I am still unsrure how this setup works without having a rubbing issue on the steering knuckle.

THIS POST states the ideal offset for a 20" wheel on the 300C is 21-24 mm.

Furthermore, according to THIS POST, the offset on the SRT wheels is 25.5 mm.

Finally, I asked about the need for spacers in putting SRT wheels on a 300C in THIS THREAD , and THIS THREAD on the Brampton Factory messageboard.

It was indicated in both threads, that a minimal spacer of 5 mm was needed for this to work properly.

steverwrx, are you SURE that you aren't getting some bump and grind in there and that you wouldn't be better off with a spacer? That is a signifigant change from a 24mm offset to a 25.5 mm one.

You took alot of time patching all those links together. The supposedly "ideal 21-24mm offset" is on a 8.5" wide wheel. The SRT wheel is 9" wide. Anyways 1.5 mm or .059" is really not much :)

On my car the steering knuckle is about 6-7 mm away from the tire. I just slipped a 9 mm dia pen through the space with little interference. The tires have been on the car for about 3 weeks and 500 miles or so and there no evidence of tire to knuckle contact. Maybe my car is a freak of nature ;) I Don't care. I love it! My wife loves it too. She commented today on how much better it handles. Actually her car..... but that's another story.

#16 · (Edited)
steverwrx said:
You took alot of time patching all those links together. The supposedly "ideal 21-24mm offset" is on a 8.5" wide wheel. The SRT wheel is 9" wide. Anyways 1.5 mm or .059" is really not much :)

On my car the steering knuckle is about 6-7 mm away from the tire. I just slipped a 9 mm dia pen through the space with little interference. The tires have been on the car for about 3 weeks and 500 miles or so and there no evidence of tire to knuckle contact. Maybe my car is a freak of nature ;) I Don't care. I love it! My wife loves it too. She commented today on how much better it handles. Actually her car..... but that's another story.
Steve,

Thanks for all of your prior posts regarding this particular subject, as this information has been extremely helpful. :cool:

Update:

Maybe some '300 series' models might just be built a little different from car to car...have slightly different tolerances. My dealer and I also test-fitted an OEM 'SRT-8' wheel (with a mounted P245/45ZR20 Goodyear 'Eagle') onto the front of my car, and although it came close, fortunately, there was no tire and/or wheel rubbing problem(s) noted nor were there any other related issues to be concerned of. :)

#17 ·
steverwrx said:

Thanks for the reply! Just thought I would point out that Ted over at www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com just test fit these on a 300C and said he is definately getting rubbing. He said a 5-10mm spacer WILL be required.

HERE IS THE LINK.

Seems like we have conflicting information on this.

#19 ·
steverwrx said:
New photos of "Clyde". My wife named the car. :D I am very happy with the look and performance of the new tires and wheels. All of you who changed out the stock tires already know how poor the handling was. The new Goodyears handle awesome! Seems more stable at higher speeds too :)

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/at...forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4984&stc=1
I plan to install the SRT-8 wheel package as you did , would the speedometer change if you do this and how to fix this? Thanks

#20 ·
alantran said:
I plan to install the SRT-8 wheel package as you did , would the speedometer change if you do this and how to fix this? Thanks

The 245/45/20 and 225/60/18 are almost identical in their outside diameter. So no worries regarding speedometer calibration.

#21 ·
Couple questions Steve.
1. The 255x45x20 tire, which comes on the srt8 rear, the same diameter as the 245x45x20 or 225x60x18?

2. Can I use the same lug nuts that I currently have on my 300c when I get my SRT8 rims, or must I get new lug nuts being that when I run SRT8 rims, the lug nuts are exposed?

Thanks

#22 ·
pawalu said:
Couple questions Steve.
1. The 255x45x20 tire, which comes on the srt8 rear, the same diameter as the 245x45x20 or 225x60x18?

2. Can I use the same lug nuts that I currently have on my 300c when I get my SRT8 rims, or must I get new lug nuts being that when I run SRT8 rims, the lug nuts are exposed?

Thanks
Use this calculator to figure out tire sizes
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit
At 60 mph the 255/45 will read 59.1 mph

You should use the factory SRT lug nuts or a suitable aftermarket chrome capped nut. 14.5 mm thread, 21 mm hex.

#23 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I wanted the same wheel and tire setup as the SRT-8 but I wanted the AWD option so here is what I came up with. A 20x9 Zinik wheel with a 35mm offset and 255/45 Nitto tires all the way around. The pictures are posted in the Media post.

Attachments

#25 ·
Steve, I live in Honolulu Hawaii. Yesterday I saw a brand new, dealer plates, grey colored 300 srt8 parked. Hard to find these cars in Hawaii. Anyway, to my surprise the vehicle had Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45/20 back and front. I thought the srt8 comes with Goodyear F1 tires 245/45/20 in the front and Goodyear F1 255/45/20 in the rear. If you know why? or anyone else, please comment on this. Actually to be honest, it looked beautiful. I presently have a 300c and the tires are just to narrow. I plan on getting srt8 rims to fill out the fender wells. Can't wait.....Thanks

#26 ·
pawalu said:
Steve, I live in Honolulu Hawaii. Yesterday I saw a brand new, dealer plates, grey colored 300 srt8 parked. Hard to find these cars in Hawaii. Anyway, to my surprise the vehicle had Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45/20 back and front. I thought the srt8 comes with Goodyear F1 tires 245/45/20 in the front and Goodyear F1 255/45/20 in the rear. If you know why? or anyone else, please comment on this. Actually to be honest, it looked beautiful. I presently have a 300c and the tires are just to narrow. I plan on getting srt8 rims to fill out the fender wells. Can't wait.....Thanks
I believe the Goodyear F1 set-up is standard and the Eagle RSAs are a no cost option. Or the other way around. The SRT8 owners/buyers may want to clarify.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.