Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick this info up on the chargersrt-8 from another post,and if this is true,it seems the 3 way switch(to totally elliminating esp in the 3rd position), that is going to be on the chargersrt-8,should be adaptable to the 300c srt-8 as well,which I believe might elliminate the need to have the GSM torque management system,here's the info:
3 position switch on ESP for SRT-8

I found this cool thing in a brochure on the srt-8 Charger

It says:
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with 3 position switching feature (unique to charger srt-8)

as of now the srt-8 300 and the srt-8 magnum has a esp switch to turn off and on just like the charger. All the gripe in the magazines and owners is that if turn it off you still have some Nanny control....

However the chargersrt-8 will have three positions I believe they will be the ESP on, The Esp off (like the normal charger) but with some control and the third position may be complete ESP off, no nanny whatsoever.....
I think the srt-8 charger will be a complete different vehicle than the 300 and magnum. I also heard that the suspension will be stiffer than both the 300 and magnum.

so for all of us that is going to buy the srt-8, get ready to light up them tires.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
http://www.mph-online.com/blogs/0026

This place has video of a Charger SRT-8 doing an awesome burnout, two clips actually. But what's really imporatant is this line in the blog entry about why they did the burnout.

Other key elements are an easy to manage automatic transmission that will stay in first gear and a stability program that can be fully switched off. That's right, full off. Take that, SL65.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glhs837 said:
http://www.mph-online.com/blogs/0026

This place has video of a Charger SRT-8 doing an awesome burnout, two clips actually. But what's really imporatant is this line in the blog entry about why they did the burnout.
Awesome video my brother!! I hope this 3 way switch that fully shuts off esp completely on the charger srt-8,will be available and incorporated to work in our 300c srt-8's also.That should take off another tenth or two. :AR15firin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
At anything less than WOT throttle from stop lights/signs, my ESP is becoming less effective for some reason. I get wheel spin all the time. When I switch to the off position the MSRT-8 is capable of, I can easily duplicate any smoke show you wish. The best picture of an SRT-8 yet is the 300C SRT-8 in silver, next to glass building, surrounded in smoke. I think the Charger SRT-8 system is really only going to buy it time on a road course.

Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Check out the other posts on this - one confirmed that on an Aug built 300 SRT the ESP can be completely shut down.

I highly doubt that the Charger will be fundamentally different, assembly would be too cumbersome. You can bet SRTs have the same basic wiring, computer.....

Just like the auto lights - the wiring and function are in place.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10203
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
glhs837 said:
http://www.mph-online.com/blogs/0026

This place has video of a Charger SRT-8 doing an awesome burnout, two clips actually. But what's really imporatant is this line in the blog entry about why they did the burnout.
Does it say anywhere the kind of drugs they were doing to think they can hang with an SL65?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
LB44 said:
Does it say anywhere the kind of drugs they were doing to think they can hang with an SL65?
aaaww come on LB.....you know we can hang with an SL65.........only problem is we'll be hangin WAY behind it :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:
aaaww come on LB.....you know we can hang with an SL65.........only problem is we'll be hangin WAY behind it :biggrin:
lol. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
My ESP fully Disengages

Guys

I have an August build SRT and I have the 3rd setting for the ESP. I hold it down for 7 seconds and it flashes ESP has been disengaged. Now I can do burnouts like that charger guy but I don't think I will.... yet!!!


Raygun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Guys, the MPH folks were most likely mocking the fact that much more exspensive Mercedes model lacks a feature that the lowly Charger has. The ESP off mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:
Guy at my gym has one......it's just stupid how fast they are.(and stupid how expensive they are)
You're correct on that!!!!!

I have an '04 E55 and YES - It is stupid how fast they are.
The SRT8 is a nice car for 46K, but it in no way compares to driving the AMG's that are forced induction! My E55 is a consistent 12.3 @117mph in the 1/4mi. and that is in 95 degree heat!! The SRT8 on the other hand is more comfortable driving long distance and much more room in the compartment. When I get back into my E55 after having driven the SRT it seems so small!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
QuikSilver said:
You're correct on that!!!!!

I have an '04 E55 and YES - It is stupid how fast they are.
The SRT8 is a nice car for 46K, but it in no way compares to driving the AMG's that are forced induction! My E55 is a consistent 12.3 @117mph in the 1/4mi. and that is in 95 degree heat!! The SRT8 on the other hand is more comfortable driving long distance and much more room in the compartment. When I get back into my E55 after having driven the SRT it seems so small!
I think jketron might have a word or two,to say about this. jketron,you need to represent us here with some track times.Let the mercedes boys know we can hang(well at least you for now). :silly: Maybe when stage 2 gets done Scott will have some real serious #'s to lay down?! :wink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
stang said:
I think jketron might have a word or two,to say about this. jketron,you need to represent us here with some track times.Let the mercedes boys know we can hang(well at least you for now). :silly: Maybe when stage 2 gets done Scott will have some real serious #'s to lay down?! :wink1:
While it would be nice, we aren't comparing stock to stock once you through a supercharged SRT-8 into the picture. I'm not sure why all the SRT-8 guys are soooo bug'd by this anyway. If you spend 2X more than what I paid for my MSRT-8, it had better be a bit faster and the AMG is a bit faster. The SL65 is a lot faster and it is a LOT more money. When, if, I gain that kind of financial freedom, I would buy the SL65, or something in that rare class, and enjoy it as well.

Can somebody clear this up: We have some posters saying they have to get their ESP completely disengaged by holding the buttom some time period to do burn-outs. I can definately do this just by pushing the ESP button for a moment and having the little orange light come on in the dash. Can some not do a tire burn with the ESP in that mode??

Todd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
I saw an SL65 AMG the other day. Nice looking ride. But for the price, couldn't I get a Viper SRT-10, a Ram SRT-10, a 300C-SRT-8, and an SRT-4 for the kids?

Awesome looking car, that SL65, and if I had 100 million, I might buy one. Even with 10 million though, I'd have to vote for the SRT lineup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
WD, they are talking about seriously huge burnouts in a straight line. But anywho, the thing about not comparing stock to stock is why I prefer naturally aspirated engines. There is no more boost to be put on those MB's or you'll blow the engine, but with an SRT-8, or really any naturally aspirated engine, slap on a supercharger and hold on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
marlinspike said:
WD, they are talking about seriously huge burnouts in a straight line. But anywho, the thing about not comparing stock to stock is why I prefer naturally aspirated engines. There is no more boost to be put on those MB's or you'll blow the engine, but with an SRT-8, or really any naturally aspirated engine, slap on a supercharger and hold on.
My boy has a SL55 that has been done by Renntech, about 700hp. No blown engines, nothing can touch him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
My issue with Renntech, and time will tell if this is the same case with modding the 6.1liter, is that they are very unreliable.
Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with stang,JMatt,and marlinspike---300C SRT-8 ALL THE WAY BABY!!You say compare stock for stock,that too me is way out of alignment with these to cars. So to make it more fair dollar for dollar,bang for the buck--SRT-8 wins hands down,and if you really want to get serious for the price difference of those 2 cars,I could radically mod the srt-8 and win and still have some dollars left,too buy another srt-8!! :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top