Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a recent post I read that it is possible to pull up the actual # of hours on my SRT-8 engine. (learn something new every day)

So I wondered. Since I know how many miles are on my car (18,473) and I can find out how many hours are on my car (431) what is my average miles per hour?

18,473 divided by 431 equals 42.860788 average miles per hour!

How about my fellow driving enthusiasts: Care to post your average?
Obviously those of you who are lucky enough to be in say Germany, or perhaps Montana, will have an unfair advantage (if it was a contest which, of course it isn't :wink1: ) And those of you stuck in NY or LA bumper to bumper are at a huge disadvantage, but what the hell.

Any takers?

To find out your engine hours: Turn the key to "On" without starting the engine, and push and hold the odometer button (stick really) for about six seconds. The EVIC will give you your number of engine hours.

Sincerely,

Mr. 42.860788

BTW: Hours per day? 431 Hours in 149 Days = 2.8926174

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You must doing a lot of freeway driving, and getting very good gas mileage!

I once started a similar thread, but I made my formula too complicated.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/pr...verage-mph-indicator.html?highlight=indicator

My current miles are 13,358 / 436hrs driven = 31 avg mph.
I am currently averaging 15mpg week-in and week-out.

At the time of my thread, my numbers were 359 miles / 14 hours = 26 mph, and I was getting average 13mpg.

I have had my car about 17 months, or say about 517 days.
436 hours / 517 days = average of 0.8hrs seat time per day

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
I just read this thread and couldn't resist. So - out to the garage - do the odo thingy. Now I'm so depressed.

Miles: 22907 divided by engine hours: 806 = an average of 28.42 mph.

Man, I need to upgrade to an SRT-8; or move to the southwest; or both!

·
Registered
193 Posts
DanRealtor said:
To find out your engine hours: Turn the key to "On" without starting the engine, and push and hold the odometer button (stick really) for about six seconds. The EVIC will give you your number of engine hours.
Tried this on my 2005 300C and it didn't give me the hours. It just showed my trip A number. Didn't matter how long I hel down the trip button. Darn.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
Tried this on my 2005 300C and it didn't give me the hours.......
You must be holding your mouth wrong :silly:
My average is 35.81

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Well, I too had to run out to the garage and try this out for myself- as previously stated you learn something new everyday.

My 300c has 25,939 / 522hrs = 49.69!! I live in the boonies and regularly set my cruise at 80 for “normal” driving. OOPS! :biggrin:

I wish I could see the SRT10's, but it has no EVIC.

Thanks Dan for the fun factoid! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
Tried this on my 2005 300C and it didn't give me the hours. It just showed my trip A number. Didn't matter how long I hel down the trip button. Darn.
Wrong button?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
I had to try a few times. The final time I got in the car, closed the door, turned the key to on and immediately held down the button.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tried it several times. Turned the key to on and pushed the trip knob and held it for 10 to 20 seconds and all it shows is trip A. I normally keep my EVIC on the odometer mode showing me total miles. Does it need to be on a different screen at start up for this to work? I have had all the service bulletins done to the car so I think the software is current. I'm stuck...

·
Registered
448 Posts
330toSRT8 said:
I had to try a few times. The final time I got in the car, closed the door, turned the key to on and immediately held down the button.
Are you depressing the "stick" that protrudes (between the tach & temp gauge) through the clear plastic shield protecting the instruments?

·
Registered
46 Posts
14,599 divided by 414 equals 35.26328 average miles per hour!

Hours per day? 414 Hours in 135 Days = 3.06666 Hours per day.

Well Dan, you got me beat speed wise, but I spend more time in the car per day. Must be because I drive slower! :sly:

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I had the same experience as MrRedBird. Didn't get anything by holding down the odo stem... and I wan't doing anything with my mouth!

·
Registered
448 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
I had the same experience as MrRedBird. Didn't get anything by holding down the odo stem... and I wan't doing anything with my mouth!
Well, that's your problem! Every do-it-yourselfer know mouth position is key! :silly:

·
Registered
701 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
I don't get anything either when I do it. An older "sticky" thread that describes the method is

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/377-access-evic-data-and-diagnostic-trouble-codes.html

I'm confident I was pushing the right "button" because I was able to use the same button to induce the instrument cluster self-test, as described in the thread.

·
Registered
448 Posts
artichoke said:
I don't get anything either when I do it. An older "sticky" thread that describes the method is.................I'm confident I was pushing the right "button" because I was able to use the same button to induce the instrument cluster self-test.........
artichoke, don't get choked up (yeah, I know, I'm going to keep my day job): the button you are depressing has nothing to do with this thread. Similarly, that other thread you reference has nothing to do with this thread.

The correct button, actually stick or stalk, is correctly described a couple of times in this thread (including the very first post). For a very detailed description of the correct stick to depress, look at the description in post #14 of this thread.....forget that other thread for the purposes of accessing the info discussed in this thread. I would imagine most people's failure to get the intended results stems from depressing the incorrect button.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts