Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which forum members use Miller Fuel Additives in their CRD?

If you do, can you give some feedback on the fuel consumption you get?

Thanks

Tim

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Tim,

I use Millers Sport 4 in mine, I get no less than 35mpg and can get on the plus side of 40 on a run, I've used it since I bought the car and have used Millers on most previous diesels I've owned.

Stef

·
Registered
278 Posts
Never heard of them...how about a link of some sort??

thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've used Millers for a couple of months now – engine definitely runs quieter and I am getting at least 5mpg more than previous – definitely recommended.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A recent magazine test showed that (on a 140PS engine) the Millers Sport 4 was the best additive for additional performance, although it only gained about 0.5bhp over basic diesel and about 0.2bhp over bp ultimate.. So realistically no noticeable performance benefit, however if you are genuinely getting better fuel economy (which really is hard to prove, as placebo can make you drive differently), then good for it :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
My local Chrysler dealer (Glyn Hopkins) has just mailshotted an "Engine Performance Plus Fuel Additive" which offers improved fuel consumption, smoother running, reduced emissions etc. All for £15.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Sounds very similar. Millers is around £11 a bottle and treats 1000 litres at the normal dose.

Stef

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sounds very similar. Millers is around £11 a bottle and treats 1000 litres at the normal dose.

Stef

How much!?!? That'd last me for ever!!

How do you measure how much your putting in? Fill the cap and pour it in before refuelling?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
It is in a special dosing bottle so you squeeze the bottle to reach the one measure mark (20ml) and that doses 20 litres, I normally do one measure to each £20 so I guess it gets overdosed at the moment!

I put mine in as I fill, Millers first, then a quick squirt from the nozzle just inserted to wash it down then put in the remainder if you know what I mean.

Stef

·
Registered
58 Posts
As a family we use Miller's in all our Diesel cars. My 300C , My Sons Jeep Wrangler 2008. My wifes 2005 Kia Sportage and our old 'run about' 97 Toyota Surf, general tow tug for the Boats and jet skis.

ALL run quieter at idle and show a small improvement in mpg. The engines run smoother and sound less harsh. Biggest improvement was with the Toyota, gained about 2 mpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts