Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. We are selling our newest project. A 2005 300C in Brilliant Black with the light Graystone interior. Here a few pics to tease you with. This car has less than 1000 miles on it and has been featured at the 2005 Portland International Auto Show. The only reason we are selling is to make room for more projects.

22" Asanti 128 wheels with black centers
265/35z22 Pirrelli asimetrico
STRUT Primary Grill, lower air intakes, rear Chrylser badge and functional side vents all in 316L stainless.
20% tint with 35% on windshield, and yes you can see just fine.
Eibach 1.6 drop
BORLA cat-back with 5"tips.

This car is flawless and done ready for you to enjoy. The interior is stock and waiting for your upgrades to personalize.

We are asking $60,000 but will entertain SERIOUS offers and inquiries only.

Thanks for looking and we will see guys on the next project.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are more!

Pictures from the 05 PIAS

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you expect. The wheels alone are about $7000.00

·
Registered
173 Posts
503 motoring said:
What did you expect. The wheels alone are about $7000.00
7 k in wheels doesn't merit a 20k increase in price over a brand new 300c...

strut 4,500
wheels 7,000
Borla 900
Tint 600
Eibach 300

how do you justify spending the other 7000?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
415_300C said:
7 k in wheels doesn't merit a 20k increase in price over a brand new 300c...

strut 4,500
wheels 7,000
Borla 900
Tint 600
Eibach 300

how do you justify spending the other 7000?
How about the tires (Pirellis); the glossy showcar finish; the labour to install all of this, and last, but not least - some $ PROFIT $ for all their efforts?

One other thing, he said $60K was the asking price - and will entertain serious offers.

Do you think it's still a bad deal?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Northern Rider said:
IMO for whatever its worth I do think it is a little high to start at 60, but for someone who does not want to wait and have all that work done plus have a showcar ready to enter into comps I think its a good deal. I would assume the car already has a reputation which is something else thats hard to put a monetary value on but it does exist...

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
dreadful said:
.... I would assume the car already has a reputation which is something else thats hard to put a monetary value on but it does exist...
The car's previous rep may not necessarily be a 'good thing'... Hubby and I built, and have since sold, several street rods that won many awards. People are constantly asking the new owners "...isn't that Linda & Chuck's car?"

·
Registered
173 Posts
Northern Rider said:
How about the tires (Pirellis); the glossy showcar finish; the labour to install all of this, and last, but not least - some $ PROFIT $ for all their efforts?

One other thing, he said $60K was the asking price - and will entertain serious offers.

My set of 22" 3 Piece Asantis was 5600 shipped with Pirellis, they aren't painted, so adding 1400 for painting (absurd...) bring you to the 7000 number. PLUS they are a shop so must pay less than retail for the wheels...

Maybe For the average guy that wants to buy the "Bentley" this is a good deal...
for anyone else... not in my book it isn't.

I just think that its better to have a price that won't scare most people away, and 60k scared me away and i knew that the asantis and strut package probably set them back 10gs, so that wasn't a shock to me, but justifying the 60 was...

as for profit... thats nearly impossible in the aftermarket world when selling a car thats already been modified... its different when you build it for a customer they way they want it.

thats why people say keep all the stock stuff you'll never get the value back when you sell the car.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
415_300C said:
My set of 22" 3 Piece Asantis was 5600 shipped with Pirellis, they aren't painted, so adding 1400 for painting (absurd...) bring you to the 7000 number. PLUS they are a shop so must pay less than retail for the wheels...

Maybe For the average guy that wants to buy the "Bentley" this is a good deal...
for anyone else... not in my book it isn't.

I just think that its better to have a price that won't scare most people away, and 60k scared me away and i knew that the asantis and strut package probably set them back 10gs, so that wasn't a shock to me, but justifying the 60 was...

as for profit... thats nearly impossible in the aftermarket world when selling a car thats already been modified... its different when you build it for a customer they way they want it.

thats why people say keep all the stock stuff you'll never get the value back when you sell the car.
Wow, you really have a point of view about this small business profit thing. We never even mentioned their fixed overhead. They are marketing a show car. If they get close to the $60K, then there is a buyer out there that loves the mods, dosen't want to do them themselves, and wants the car now. If not, then they have made a bad business decision and will take a loss on the car.

It's all about that speculation and risk thing. The managers in my businesses are well versed in the concept. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
That C would have to be loaded with every available option to come close to being a $60k car IMO. THAT, or someone has more $$ than time and is willing to pay it. Its easy... "WORTH" is only what someone is willing to pay for it!

Good luck on your sale.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, thanks for your varied feedback. The "asking" price is just that, it is an example of what we feel the car is worth in the market place as a turn key custom. There are a lot of variables that went into pricing this car. We are banking on the fact that someone really wants a custom C and can't quit get there hands on one yet. If it sells it sells, if not, we are not at a loss and would be more than happy to keep it in our stable as it is a tremendous marketing asset to our company. On top of that we also took the time to add, in our opinion, only the finest additions to this vehicle. The quality and reputation of the companies that we used is a direct reflection of the vehicle. It is really easy to bolt on a cheaper grill and some low dollar 22's but we went the other way, and due to the response we have recieved, it was effective.

Projekt- You are right it does not have the HID, or a sunroof or NAV. But it is still one sic azz ride!!!

Thanks guys for taking a look at the car and I appreciate all your feedback.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Nice car, not trying to flame your post but why not try parting the rims,exhaust,springs and grille out and lowering the price of the car? I'm sure the rims,exhaust and springs will be easy to flip. Just a suggestion not trying to diss you or anything.

·
Registered
629 Posts
All you have to do if you don't like the price or the car is don't buy it! Why would they take all the mods off the car (more labor) and try to sell two things? There is a buyer for everything and someone will feel very happy to have this great looking one of a kind expession of the 300C. Maybe it isn't your taste or budget, but I would love to know who buys it and for how much to guage the market. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to say that you guys really surprise me. I have noticed in numerous posts that there are a few members on here that just have to jump on everything and be opionated negatively. Real easy to do behind a monitor. I believe it was said earlier in a post about joe300C...if you have nothing nice to say....don't say anything. If you guys were reading the posts you would realize that we do not NEED to sell this car and just like some other people have noted, there is an ass for every seat, if this isn't your seat, then go sit up in the nosebleeds. We are here to lend our experiences and knowledge to this forum not defend ourselves from infintile remarks.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
503 motoring said:
I have to say that you guys really surprise me. I have noticed in numerous posts that there are a few members on here that just have to jump on everything and be opionated negatively. Real easy to do behind a monitor. I believe it was said earlier in a post about joe300C...if you have nothing nice to say....don't say anything. If you guys were reading the posts you would realize that we do not NEED to sell this car and just like some other people have noted, there is an ass for every seat, if this isn't your seat, then go sit up in the nosebleeds. We are here to lend our experiences and knowledge to this forum not defend ourselves from infintile remarks.
I agree with you 100%, there are many people that just don't understand simple business concepts. Brush your shoulders off (or better yet ignore the negative people) and keep it up, I think your C is one of the nicest I've seen... Well it could use a custom interior ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HAHA, Thanks Aspen. It had plans of the interior being finished but we didn't have time before the Autoshow and so it has been on hold since due to other projects. If we finish the interior though the price will go up and I think that may make a few people here a bit uncomfortable. It's good to see real enthusiasts that is for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.