Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Give him a white suit and a helmet and it could be 'The Stig'. I like the way he feels confident enough to take his hands off the steering wheel.

Pity about the commentary

Hey John does this bring back any memories of the days before retirement.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I had more respect for a vehicle than drive it like that. That kind of driving is only for track work not the public road (even with hee-haws). Rather than the Stig I thought he was more like Jermany Clarkson!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I hear what you're saying John but theres no way anyone could drive on public roads like that,you're own mental ESP would kick in but on the track its a different kettle of fish.
The only way you can get a front wheel drive car to slide like that is by power off oversteer,that is loads of beans before the bend and shut off then re-apply the throttle several times,that takes some skill n balls but did you notice the mini wobbling side to side as it shut off then stabled but the "C" just slid around the (wet) bend as if it was meant to without any drama,especially when the nearside rear wheel hit the grass(normally thats game over).I understand a little german and he was saying something about the auto tranny changing too soon,obviously he doesnt know about holding it in gear with autostick when sliding then shifting manually when he's straightened up.
I'm not too concerned about his little programme because "we" will never drive like that on the roads,get that mini against the "C" on the traffic light grand prix and it will lose big time.Just my £1's worth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts