Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here have a vintage Mini. The wife wants one and i want some first hand info from some i can one trust.

·
Registered
124 Posts
joe300c said:
What the phuck does a mini have to do with a 300/300C?
Ok first of all that is really out of line, second if you would take the time to use that obviously minute brain you have you would realize this is in the off-topic forum genius..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Help a fellow member?

Hope I can help I have a 1971 Mini Cooper S (not for sale)

I used to run a business specializing in Mini's

What's the question?

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks Dread I didnt even get to see Joe post casue he got his ass kicked out. HEHE.
Well Goddard how I'll Drop you a PM Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

The wife and i took some advice we got from you guys and classic mini owners we meet today. And My wife is now a proud owner of a 2002 Red and white BMW Mini. We wanted a daily driver for her and a classis isnt reliable for that plus no air bags so not safe ither. Not to metion that its kind of hard to find one locally. So thanks guys see you around the mini forums

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have fond memories of the mini.
Back in the early 70's I was living in London and borrowed a mini to see the movie Taxi. It was drizzling and I was driving with my Spanish au-pair girl friend. I was driving real fast and entered a large roundabout at too high of a speed and did a complete 360 spin out and kept going. Didn't even stop the car. I always think of that 360 spin-out when I see a mini.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Scarbrs said:
The wife and i took some advice we got from you guys and classic mini owners we meet today. And My wife is now a proud owner of a 2002 Red and white BMW Mini. We wanted a daily driver for her and a classis isnt reliable for that plus no air bags so not safe ither. Not to metion that its kind of hard to find one locally. So thanks guys see you around the mini forums
Great choice, Eric. I'm sure she will enjoy her new Mini.

·
Registered
639 Posts
joey said:
I have fond memories of the mini.
Back in the early 70's I was living in London and borrowed a mini to see the movie Taxi. It was drizzling and I was driving with my Spanish au-pair girl friend. I was driving real fast and entered a large roundabout at too high of a speed and did a complete 360 spin out and kept going. Didn't even stop the car. I always think of that 360 spin-out when I see a mini.
Thats funny.. I had a Calloway Turbo MR-2 that I was racing on a long stretch of sunday morning highway. It was a modified 280Z I was about 2 car lengths ahead at 100+ when I hydroplaned. I did a james bond 360 and ended up right behind him. I had to pull right over so my g-friend could pee. When we got back on the road 2 miles ahead the Z was pulled over by a state trooper. That was one one of many close calls in that car.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Scarbrs said:
Anyone here have a vintage Mini. The wife wants one and i want some first hand info from some i can one trust.
Scarbrs, I am sorry I missed this thread when you posted it originally. Here is a very old photo of the Cooper S my brother & I used in club motorsport. It is a Mark 1, 1969 "S" and my brother still has it in storage. His car has the engine built to full race specs and goes like mad :D

FYI they are worth about A$15000 these days for an average condition car.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thanks joey

Man that guy is good

A true David Vs Goliath car

Some years ago when I was in California saw an aircraft engineer, with a double engined, aluminium-bodied convertible (he fabricated), 1969 Cooper S - one engine front, one rear - both turbocharged - - a BLOWN TWINNIE - do amazing things on a slalom course

MINI = ROLLING FUN :) :) :)

Mini: my first car, and still have one

Do you own one? Or are you just being kind to us poor sods that are still smitten?

·
Registered
824 Posts
No DEATH!

Nice skills, but I wanted someone to die at the end. Oh well nice anyway :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts