Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of y'all had an issue with the radio not remembering where you were when you re-start the car?

It seems that my radio (on an 06 SRT w/ VES, etc) often resets itself to FM, even when I've left it on satellite. Using my same key -- which is set to my prefs (seat, mirrors, presets). Other times, it will work just fine.

Notice the issue the most when I leave the car in the garage at night, and return in the morning -- now in this case, I often don't have to "wake up" the CAN BUS with the keyless remote, cause I keep my car in a locked garage.

Other times, though, even with the remote unlock, I still find my radio has reset itself to FM . . .

Anyone seen this before? User error? Warranty issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
every once and awhile i will start my car, everything will turn on and seem to be working just fine. however, there is no music playing. When this happens i have to shut the car off, open my door, close it, then retart the car. After that, everything works perfectly. its very weird. I know its not the headunit because i used the unit in another car withought this problem. weeiiirrrdddd

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have witnessed this before. It seems to happen after when I have the car in "run" and not actually started. Mine will go to FM as you described, very annoying.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I had that happen in my previous 5.7 but not the current 6.1. Electronic gremlins can be a real PIA! If you take it to the dealership they’re not going to know what to do other than flash the system. Perhaps that would help? Good luck! :fing02:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts