Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few minor mods next week Remote engine start fitted as well as Ghost/Shadow lights & maybe a catch can.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would be interested to know more about your remote engine start. How easy is it to fit, price etc

Cheers

Keith

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy to fit? got auto elec coming next week to fit so not sure....around £100 brand new i Believe

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I bought all the necessary parts, inc. postage & import duty for under £60, having checked with the manufacturer exactly what I needed (there was a 3rd part available for 2008 models on top of the wiring harness & black box that I was scratching my head over). I'm awaiting delivery.

The wiring harness available means that it should be a plug & play module, provided all you want is remote start - the harness plugs in between 2 sockets that are normally joined. I'll have to have a play, but I don't think it needs any wires to be cut/soldered/scotchlocked from what I've seen on their site - the harness circumvents all that shenanigans.

there are 2 harnesses available, what you need depends on the model year...I got:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XPRESSKIT...=US_Car_Keys_Transponders&hash=item1e87147083 ....you need to tell them what your car model is at time of purchase so they can flash the correct firmware to the module (unless you buy a separate flasher)

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xpresskit...=US_Car_Keys_Transponders&hash=item51bc9f3f9f

.....note! pre 2008 cars require a different harness - CHTHD2

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Got mine, hope they remembered to flash it. I'm going to fit this over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Yes, I just hope it works though on the hemi & hope they remembered to flash it. We shall see if it works soon :yup:

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
all my bits have arrived today....as well as the car being returned! I may fit mine over the next 48 hours. I took the precaution of also ordering the firmware flashing module (JIC), but thats not here yet

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just taken a look at this on ebay and was wondering what else it does - is this only for remote start or does the DBALL2 do anything else?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Are you sure it's gonna work,cos the US models don't have CAT1 alarm/immobiliser in them or is that what the flash is for,does that also mean you lose the CAT1 ???.
Think I'd rather turn my key the old fashioned way......lol

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Looks nice, well done :fing02:

Reactions: smirnoff

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Just had a moment to read through instructions. For pre facelift looks like there are 2 version of CHTHD2, one of which R1-R6 is designed for the DBALL1 & the R9-R10 reads as though its designed for both DBALL1 & DBALL2 & has a built in override kill switch. The wiring for both version require to tap into a purple wire in the kick panel. Now I am hoping the wiring harness in the car is the same colour coding as US model or I'll had to route around for the door pin wire, is what the colour is in reference to.

Will install it some point tomorrow, its late now & I need to sleep GMT +0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts