Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My driver's door in my C is not flush-straight with the back door. It is slightly raised. Can this be readjusted without major body work. The car is clean with no body work performed to it (accidents etc.) Does anyone else have mis-aligned body panels from the factory?

·
Registered
122 Posts
albi said:
My driver's door in my C is not flush-straight with the back door. It is slightly raised. Can this be readjusted without major body work. The car is clean with no body work performed to it (accidents etc.) Does anyone else have mis-aligned body panels?
Sounds like an adjustment on the door handle latch should do it. No big deal. :banana:

·
Registered
562 Posts
My hood sits low on one side of the car. I've also noticed the gaps between the doors are not prefect. I've learnt to live with but honestly I don't want the dealer screwing around with body panels.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My hood sits low on one side of the car.
If your hood is lower on the sides, you can adjust this yourself in about 10
seconds!

Open the hood, and look on the top of the radiator bracket that runs from one
fender to the other at the front of the car.

On each side of the car, you will find a small six sided black rubber bumper, that
is about the diameter of a silver dollar.

These bumpers are for dampening the hood when its closed, and for making small
adjustments in the hoods alignment with the fenders.

If your hood is low on one side, just grab a hold of the bumper, and turn it a half
turn counter clockwise. This should raise the bumper up about an eigth of an inch.

Close the hood, and see if its any better. If its still too low, turn it another half
turn. If its too high, then turn it clockwise to lower the bumper until it looks good.

DO NOT turn the bumper more than about 2 turns! Why? Because then you may
have trouble with the hood latch catching when you close the hood.

If you have to move the hood up more than what I described, then you will
have to loosen the hood latch and move it up some to get the adjustment right.

But try the little black bumpers first. I had to do this to my car when I got it
because the hood was low on one side, as well as being off center. I used the
black bumpers to adjust the hood to be even with the fenders.

I had to loosen and move the bracket on the underside of the hood that engages
the hood latch in order to move the hood to center it. It took me all of about 2
minutes to do it.

Hope this helps!

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts