Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 5.7 awd c has started somthing new, when starting cold it will sometimes stumble like it wants to stall. if i rev it, there is no change when it returns to idle. the dtc is generic (p0300 mutiple cylinders misfire) there is a change however, when i shift to drive/reverse....it smooths right out. check engine light will some times flash but then go out. when warm it seems smooth with only a very very slight miss.... i have had the car scanned and it seems there are signs that bank one 1,3,5,7, have slight misses and all data for bank two is "0" no misses. because it is mutiple cylinders all on one side my guy thinks a vacuume leak most likely , intake gaskets. i have read almost all the threads on here for p0300 and not many report intake leak, what do you guys think?
i would say coils but all of them and only one side? same for plugs and injectors..... map/mas would effect both sides as well. i have insatlled the stock tune and the issue is still there.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I'd start with a bottle or two of injector cleaner.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks desiree, funny thing is i thought that way also and ran a couple of bottles thru it not long ago. i run only 93 now and if it were bad gas it should be on all cylinders

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my 06 300C. First it threw code P0301, cylinder one misfire. I swapped cylinder on coil with cylinder 3. Then it threw code P0300. So I thought the coil was the problem and replaced it. Since then it has run rough when cold but is not throwing codes. I replaced the plugs, EGR valve, MAP sensor, cleaned the throttle body and run seafoam and lucas fuel treatment through it. I will get it eventually. I'm just waiting for a code to show up again.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ive had this problem on my camaro where it was all one side. I changed plugs wires and the coil packs. Kept doing it so I finally changed the module and it was fine. Not sure if our hemis have the so called module but there must be a computer telling the coil when to spark. Try that. If you do figure it out please let us know!

·
Registered
434 Posts
- Faulty spark plug (s)
- Faulty ignition coil (s)
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector (s)
- Intake air leak
- Fuel injectors harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Injectors circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition coils harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coils circuit poor electrical connection

- Insufficient cylinders compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure

IF it is just one cylinder then only those items common to it would be where to look. The coil was swapped so apparently coil and plug wire not the problem. Plug? Defective fuel injector? Connector to fuel injector? I think if just one cylinder and not the coil the place to look is the injector and the wiring to the coil .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having the same issue on my 06 5.7 has a very rough idle and bank one is dead, got a code p0058 p0032 p0038 any ideas

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Im having the same issue on my 06 5.7 has a very rough idle and bank one is dead, got a code p0058 p0032 p0038 any ideas

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
Those codes appear to be O2 sensor related.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts