Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I have a 2011 Chrysler 300c 5.7L. I need to replace a valve spring and wanted to know what the correct valve spring is to get. I am not upgrading any components just yet but just want to replace it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

To give you an idea of what I'm going through: I have a check engine light on and after a scan, the code read as a Misfire code "P0301" Misfire on cylinder 1 and its a permanent code that cant be removed. In idle, its a little choppy but barely noticeable. But when you push the pedal down and get up to about 55-70 mph, the check engine light comes on and then starts to blink and the car immediately loses power and makes a terrible low growling noise. When it comes to a complete stop it feels like I'm driving a school-bus over a mountain with flat tires. I've changed the spark plugs, injectors, and coil packs. Did a compression test and I wasn't getting good compression. Spoke to a Chrysler mechanic and was told that under heavy loads the valve doesn't function completely and therefore causes this misfire because there is a loss of compression due to a bad spring. Again any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Folks!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts