Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took out a 2008 mitsubishi evo 10 gsr for a test drive , and found it to be very agile and very quick . It is a 5 speed stick , and has brembo brakes plus downgrade recaro seats . This is not the most comfortable car in terms of quietness and the mivic engine is buzzy at the 7000 rpm redline but the handling is amazing and the car is sharp looking ! Any thoughts ?
B D HEMI

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just took out a 2008 mitsubishi evo 10 gsr for a test drive , and found it to be very agile and very quick . It is a 5 speed stick , and has brembo brakes plus downgrade recaro seats . This is not the most comfortable car in terms of quietness and the mivic engine is buzzy at the 7000 rpm redline but the handling is amazing and the car is sharp looking ! Any thoughts ?
B D HEMI

yeah 220 whp ftmfl!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
I just laugh at these cars where I'm from.

Not because they're not great performers. They are, but not around here.

So lets analyze this:

Evo's are built with unconfortable/stiff/light seats, overly stiff "tinny" shells, and handle like they're on rails!

Great!

In Illinois all the streets are straight, (so forget the need for agile handling) there's bumps and pot holes everywhere, (so forget the need for such stiff suspension and "retardo" racing seats with no cushion) and the fact that they're going for $40k and still can't keep up with an SRT8 from a roll.......

......Which let's admit it ladies and gentlemen, from a roll is where most street races take place. We have so much traffic in Chicago I can't remember I've had the mathematical chance to line up in the front row, tow to tow, with ANY vehicle willing and capable......on the highway??????????????? all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Other than that they're tooootally practical. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you live anywhere near a road course or like to auto-x (scca events, etc.) this is a great car. but like it was said above.......srt-8 even 300c, much comfort, suspension and room...hmmm, oh yeah, more power!! and look at guys like NR that track their cars, don't really need an evo.
just my .02.
rob

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
These 2 cars are so different, its hard to even try to compare. Yes, stock for stock these cars are very even in acceleration, and like mentioned above, on a road course or back country road that EVO will win hands down. With about $5,000 or so in the EVO or STi and those cars can run low 11's all day long and make approx 500 AWHP or more. I love our SRT8's but we cant under estimate those little pocket rockets. --- Yes they do ride rough and are very uncomfortable compared to our cars.

No matter how much power they make, they will never sound like a 426HEMI!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
i hung out with alot of evo guys. i have alot of respect for the sport compact evo's and sti's. they are a quick bang for buck. you get what you pay for with them. i have not driven a 10 yet and im working on that. the thing that sucks is that they rank very high on the most expensive to insure list.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
In my corner of CA, we have waaaay too many potholes for an Evo to be a good idea. I just don't think that's a good idea, lol.

Curiously, is the evo's chassis stiffer? How much so? I've always heard the 300's chassis was REALLY stiff but the suspension is just soft. :)

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
rigid

The Evo is a nice little car. Tons of performance, and agile handling, but it will really wear you down after a short drive. Very stiff chassis! No rattles, no flex.

We have a hot one around here. Tims Evo will cut an 11.89 at the strip, he has a hole shot that is almost unbelievable! 7000 RPM, drop the clutch, and start shifting! Wow!

But from a roll at 60 or so I steadily walk away, and the faster we go the worse it gets, he can't out-brake me or get much in the corners either. It really freaks him out that a huge sled like mine can run right with him.

He was really freaked out when he saw what he could get a SRT8 for!

·
Registered
328 Posts
they are def nice cars...but i just destroyed one on the highway about an hour ago...i was just cruising along minding my own business getting 23 MPG and i see this new evo flying up on me fast in the left lane, he got to my rear doors and slowed down and kept pace with me, so i dropped the hammer A. B/c he was in my blind spot and i hate it when people cruise in my blind spot like retards...And B. B/C he wanted to race obviously...needless to say i walked him fast from 65-100 and i let off...he did his little fly-by about 5 seconds later and i just waved, they are nice cars but no SRT...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a brand new one in 2005 :twak: and they are a great bang for the buck with it being AWD easy to mod plus u got the handling if u need it BUT i had it as a daily driver and it just GOT annoying :irked: (chicago) . Also u attract thieves ,cops :nono: and people always revving on u just because of the wing :pat: . I've never been pulled over so many times for speeding becuase the turbo is really addicting :scared: . Imo evos are weekend/ late night track ready car although the EVO 10 is suppose to be more comfortable and easy on the bones compared to the previous ones .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts