Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I don't know if this is the proper place for this or not. I have read all the policies and am assuming it is. So please only read if your open to suggestions.

I am what most of you would call a technology geek. Now anyone can say they are but not alot of people can claim that they worked for IBM Crit-Sit teams, which I have.

To get to the point... I have started building custom setups for those people looking for a mobile computing solution mostly for media purposes. You have to understand my intent isnt to be popular but to do it right. Many people have simply stuck laptops with docking stations, horribly constructed micro-ATX solutions and end up having to spend more money down the road because they failed to consider key factors in mobile computing. Laptops, desktops and their components were made for those types of applications. Not to be mounted in a trunk. At the very least consider doing research or asking questions. It will save you tons of money and headaches.

I'm obviously new here. I know everyone has specific needs and price limitations on what they can accomplish. However, if you need help or have questions please feel free to ask. There are endless solutions for any price range without compromise. If any of you are constructing one for your gorgeous 300c and are running into headaches let me help. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome

Again welcome DCX Man, and extending your help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
DCXMAN - Are you part of Mp3car.com? I have been a member there for many years and have built custom solutions in most of my cars. Not sure if I am putting a PC in the 300C yet. My last was in my Durango, which I still have. I have a 10.3" Touch screen, Routis GPS (tried Copilot and others), OPUS DC to DC power supply, etc.

-Nathan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No actually first time hearing about that one. Ill go check that out today thanks. Hey, I was actually thinking of doing one in my Durango. I have a 98 with the 3rd row seat. Just trying to figure out the dash area really. Im not a skilled fab guy for those types of applications. I can fab computer stuff but not car parts haha. I'd like to see definitely what you did to yours sounds really cool. I figure I have 107,000 miles on it so I figure time to start playing.

I have done minimal engine mods Fastman TB, headers, Gibson Catback, changing some resistors, intake....

Next up PC, remote mount turbo,(either for the D or when I go order a SRT-8 perhaps for that)

Nolmscheid said:
DCXMAN - Are you part of Mp3car.com? I have been a member there for many years and have built custom solutions in most of my cars. Not sure if I am putting a PC in the 300C yet. My last was in my Durango, which I still have. I have a 10.3" Touch screen, Routis GPS (tried Copilot and others), OPUS DC to DC power supply, etc.

-Nathan

·
Registered
294 Posts
I put the PC in the false floor behind the 3rd row seat. (where the tire jack and stuff is housed) I have never had any problems with the PC over heating or anything and I have not installed any fans in there.

Here is a shot of one of my earlier applications. I do not have any of the newest one. I got a different screen which required a different angle so I had to redo it. The new screen sits up at a much straighter angle. It sits an an angle that is even with the bottom of the dash. What was to come next on this project was a company was going to make me wood grain bezel to match the wood grain in my truck. Before I had that done I got a better screen. Right now the project is sitting there and not really in use. My wife is now the main driver of the truck. I just have not had much time to get it up and running for her and I need to finish off the bezel for the screen in that application too.

I have a magnetic GPS that comes out the back hatch door onto the roof.

Newest version you can not see a cable anywhere. I took out most of the interior and ran the cables.

Pics of old version...gives you an idea where I put the screen though.
http://www.theolmscheids.com/durango/PDRM0197.jpg
http://www.theolmscheids.com/durango/PDRM0201.JPG

I also went to soundgate and added an auxilary input into my Headunit to get the sound as I wanted to stick with stock head unit as it looks nice and has the 10 speaker infinity system hooked to it which I was impressed with.

Slot load DVD player is in the center council, but will be fitted into the side of the screen enclosure. I also have a USB hub that is fitted into it as well. (to plug in thumb drives, USB gamepads for NES and SNES emulators, etc)

My durango is a 2001

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.