Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation:

I just leased (48 month) a 2008 300C, and have already had the dealer agree to deliver the car to an aftermarket shop in order to put new rims on and 50% tint all around.

When I get back from travelling in about 2 months, I badly want to install dump valves (electric exhaust cutouts) as well.

Does anyone have any good information as to how this will hypothetically and realistically affect the warranty?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok guys, what is it some sort of initiation act that no one replies to one's first post?

Seriously though, I did some searching and found that this topic had been discussed thoroughly already. It basically came down to the "Magnusson-Moss Act" which very simply implies that an entire warranty can not be voided because of a single modification, but that warranty coverage can be denied if the mod is deemed to be the cause of the problem in question.

So, my new issue:

What about Canadians? The Magnusson-Moss statute is American and is not legally binding in Canada. Has any Canadian, or anyone with an interest in law figured out if the standards are similar up here?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I cannot think of one person reporting any kind of problem associated with the cut-outs if that helps.

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
What about when you return the car at the end of the lease?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about when you return the car at the end of the lease?
That's another problem I have...

I know with my tint, I can just leave it on when I turn it in. The rims can either be left on or taken off. Obviously the cut-outs are a problem, especially because they are illegal.

Maybe I can just have someone replace the pipe to "stock" before I turn it in?

Or else buy it out and sell it?

Obviously I should have financed instead of leased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts