Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

Firstly, thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to see so many enthusiastic owners together. I don't think I have been so excited about purchasing a new car ever before! I have always really liked the 300c's, but until this series 2 SRT8 was mentioned with the MyGig standard and the adaptive cruise control and rain sensing wipers etc, I couldn't bring myself to spend $80k on a car without all those features... Anyway, I have done it, and will find out today if the delivery date of Wednesday is still going to plan... The only thing I am dissappointed with, is myself. I thought Steel Blue was the Magnolia Blue and knocked it back as I really wanted the Mineral Grey, but it seems they have superseeded it in the series 2! As I got the names of the blue's, mixed up, I ended up taking the black.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you guy's could point me in the right direction for the first things I want to do to it, as in suppliers etc. I want to put the chrome under the headlights, the headlight washer heads, the door handles and the rear bar lip. From the dealer, the front bar trims are $241 + Gst EACH!! I would have thought there would be some entire kits out there cheaper than $482?? I am going to remove the resonators, but my neighbour can cut and weld the stainless, so that should be right. I know the local window tinter and he looks after me, so that will be ok. I am looking for a decent cold air intake. I want one that connects to behind the front bumper. I have heard of them, but not been able to locate a supplier. Any ideas? I am also looking to buy the MyGig Lock Pick and reverse camera add on. I think someone in Aus has bought them in in bulk so I will try to track him down. I think that is about it for now. Unless anyone can suggest some more quick and easy worthwhile additions?

Looking forward to all your input.

Thanks in advance,

Xrfr8.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I must say I can't remember anyone who wanted to fit those 300C chrome items onto the SRT. I wanted to get the chrome mirrors and door handles but there were pitfalls (the mirrors on the local 300C are slightly different to the NA model) and higher than expected costs.

Exercise caution in cutting off the resonators. Do a search on that before attempting and gauge whether the results are what you are trying to achieve.

Check out the new CAI that HiFlo just released last week. that seems like the new benchmark.

Good luck with you new ride.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase.

As for performance mods you need to call Steve at Redcliffe Dyno on (07) 3284-1925. Redcliffe dyno are leading the way in performance mods and custom tuning for these cars :)

He has a CAI that is awsome and puls the aif from behind the front bumper. While you are on the phone ask about the Predator and a custom tune. By far the must have accessory is the predator IMHO. With a custom tune it just unlock the mongel trapped within these cars.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Ring Steve, the Faster Master at Redcliffe.
Top Bloke :fing02:
Happy birthday Steve as well

thanks guys, but yes mate if your looking to get the performance happening a bit better please feel free to give me a call 073 284 1925

Thanks Steve RDP Motorsport

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I am looking for a decent cold air intake. I want one that connects to behind the front bumper. I have heard of them, but not been able to locate a supplier. Any ideas?
Xrfr8.

hi Xrfr8
we have the exact cold air intake kit that you require
called a C & L performance intake kit
here is a link
C&L
our price $350.00 plus delivery
available ex stock
give us a call on our toll free number 1800 817 006
cheers
john

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
our RDP air intacts that we manufacture in house here all dyno tested for performance (with the bonnet closed to show true road temps) as well as our system pulls direct cold air and does not situate the airfilter in the engine bay. on average we get between 11 - 17kw increase in performance and maintain lower than 89deg f air intact temp (average engine bay unit runs at around 112-115) just some food for thought and all our CAI's can be custom colour coated to suit your car. This is also the system that you were asking for that goes down to the bumper bar.

Steve RDP Motorsport
073 284 1925

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks HiFlo and DynoSteve. What is the price on your CAI DynoSteve? And are you the bloke that Nunawadding Chrysler brags they bring down from Queensland to do their $7k performance upgrades?

·
Registered
786 Posts
xrfr8,
Slip down to the Horse Power Factory in Dandy and have a look at what they and Steve are doing to mine at the moment. Also CAI from Steve as well. Well worth the drive.
Richard

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
xrfr8,
Slip down to the Horse Power Factory in Dandy and have a look at what they and Steve are doing to mine at the moment. Also CAI from Steve as well. Well worth the drive.
Richard
correct rob vickery at hpf are our victorian distributors and are by far the best in the business down there

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
well if you do skip down to 'Dandy'
may as well call into Springvale and check out our C&L unit
and will give you a demo in our SRT8
regards
john

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, thanks for that both you guy's, i will have to do some research and drop down for a chat and look.

Can anyone tell me. the predator tune. you pay say $595, do you actually buy the programming interface with preloaded tunes in it and the ability to change other options like shift speed and firmness etc, or do you just have a tune installed by someone? do these tunes take out the 1-2 auto shift when you have it in sports mode 1st? that ****s me to death! also, when trying to spin the wheels off the line, it seems even with the esp (tracking control) off, it won't let you go over say 3-4k rpm's or sit on the spot for more than 2 - 3 seconds... will the tune fix that? i was under the impression it may have been something to do with the abs/brake assist? front wheels stationary, rear spinning? maybe applies rear brake to fix the error? all i know for sure is, i hate it! lol.

i must say, WHAT A CAR! i am so glad i waited for the series 2!! can anyone tell me, will the adaptive cruise control bring the car to a dead stop? i have tried a few times, when it starts breaking, if it gets too close too fast, "attention" comes up on the evic, but i **** and can't let it get any closer to see if it will come to a complete stop. it is just unnatural! lol. anyway, i am still learning all the features, but **** it's good! going to do some slow cruisin tonight, past some of the night hotspots... maybe will see some of you out and about...

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the adaptive cruise control is based upon the Mercedes system (& I bet it is!) it should bring you to a dead stop if the car in front stops, however, please don't blame me if it doesn't when you try it out:pat:

I've just been to the 'states & picked up the latest 300C brochure, when I get back to Oz, i'll scan it & post it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Excellent! i can't even get a brochure for it here yet. the dealers have NO information what so ever... when the salesman was driving it over to drop it off to me (Nunawading Chrysler, I live in Hoppers Crossing), he kept ringing me saying "this car is UNREAL! you wouldn't believe how the adaptive cruise and the satnav (mygig) works, it is unreal! you will be glad you waited for the series 2!!" and he is right! we went for a few laps down lygon, chapel, fitzroy sts, etc last night, and the features rule! the only thing i found, and i think i will have to sit and read the manual, is the nav voice is quieter than the radio even with the radio nav setting turned right down. when you turn it up, it turns the radio up as well as the nav voice... i had to just watch the evic screen as the voice prompts were inaudible... the mp3 dvd player is awesome! i loaded 4.5Gb of mp3's onto a dvd and it gives something like 1500 songs without even using the built in HDD... the steering wheel controls though, when you have digital speedo on the evic, no longer control the mygig which sucks, they stay in control on the evic screen options... the mygig has up and down seek buttons though, so you can still skip songs easily, althought the car is soooo damn roomy that you really have to stretch to reach the radio! and to adjust the rear view mirror, lol, i kep reaching out and missing it. i need to sit forward to reach it! i am 6'7", that makes the 300 a damn ig car, lol! anyway, i am MORE than happy with my choice! it is AWESOME! total package for less than $77k on road!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts