Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around to see what mods would be needed to run a 13.0 approx in a 300C RWD... any opinions?
From what I can see most cars stock run from 13.9-14.2.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
GS Motorsports supercharger...
Kooks headers
Magnaflow high flow cats
and Magnaflow cat-back exhaust...
see shanemchs (I think that is his nic)
look under performence section for him...

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
cbutler32 is right. I was running at the track today and what he descirbes will put you easily into the 13 bracket. You might want to get with Miester on this question. He knows what it would take to accomplish your goal...maybe without the supercharger.

Moose

cbutler32 said:
GS Motorsports supercharger...
Kooks headers
Magnaflow high flow cats
and Magnaflow cat-back exhaust...
see shanemchs (I think that is his nic)
look under performence section for him...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!

I don't think a blower would be needed to drop the car by 1 second... I'd hope not anyways!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moose said:
cbutler32 is right. I was running at the track today and what he descirbes will put you easily into the 13 bracket. You might want to get with Miester on this question. He knows what it would take to accomplish your goal...maybe without the supercharger.

Moose
Btw... what did you run at the track?

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Full tank of gas - (story to that:sigh: ) no mods at all - no tire air adjustments - unleaded fuel - did not take anything out of car i.e. spare tire etc. - ESP on and vehicle kept in Drive.

Elevation around 1600 ft.
Temp. 70ish degrees and sunny
Drove 50 miles to track

Learned a lot about heat soak:dead1:

Time =
99.220 MPH

I wanted to see what the vehicle would do bone stock before I start moding:naughty:

OttawaSTi said:
Btw... what did you run at the track?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice time considering that info!
I just want to make the car low-13's capable.... to keep those pesky Mustangs behind me haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Moose said:
Full tank of gas - (story to that:sigh: ) no mods at all - no tire air adjustments - unleaded fuel - did not take anything out of car i.e. spare tire etc. - ESP on and vehicle kept in Drive.

Elevation around 1600 ft.
Temp. 70ish degrees and sunny
Drove 50 miles to track

Learned a lot about heat soak:dead1:

Time =
99.220 MPH

I wanted to see what the vehicle would do bone stock before I start moding:naughty:
Hey Moose,

I cannot speak directly concerning the 300c, as I have not modded ours yet. However, looking at your start time of 14.4, to take 1.4 seconds off is huge. I suspect you would need the supercharger, engine mgmt, exhaust and intake, as well as the transmission torque mgmt mod. I think that might get you to 13.0. I don't see you getting there w/o the s/c though. I could be wrong, as I have not got into the mods on this vehicle though.

Good luck, and if you would keep me informed, so I know what to do to mine! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What does the SRT-8 300C run stock... 12.9-13.0?

85hp more then the 300C... but also weighs slightly more I believe?

Just doesn't seem right that you'd have to supercharge a 300C to get the same straight-line performance as the SRT-8 - when it's 85hp more. A S/C would add quite a bit more then 85hp I'd think (it does on most V8's anyways).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Its 85 on paper. But inreality, its more, due to SRT understating real power. They test under really harsh conditions, so as to never get caught in a Cobra kinda fiasco. So real world power is closer to 450 crank, IMHO. So in reality, its almost 100.

NOw of course, there is the gears also, 3.6 in the SRT to the 2.8 in the 5.7 cars, and different transmission programming. AS far as the cams/heads gains, only time will tell how those work out. Dynos are one thing, the track is another. A plateu like power curve that stops at 380 can beat a peaky 400.

Its about the power you make "under the curve".

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Question: Do you want to be IN the 13's or do you want to run a 13.00? Big difference. If you want to run IN the 13's..IMO you don't need a supercharger to obtain. If you want to run 13.00, you will probably need the supercharger or???? These are questions for the pro's and I'm certainly not a pro when it comes to what you need to do in order to obtain a certain time for a quarter mile track. There are various supporting vendors on this site that could get you the answers.

And to answer the question on the SRT time - what I have witnessed (yesterday at the track) was a low 13-second time. This was with a very good driver and car with minor mods. 12-second time could not be obtained, at least yesterday.

Hope that helps.
Moose.

OttawaSTi said:
What does the SRT-8 300C run stock... 12.9-13.0?

85hp more then the 300C... but also weighs slightly more I believe?

Just doesn't seem right that you'd have to supercharge a 300C to get the same straight-line performance as the SRT-8 - when it's 85hp more. A S/C would add quite a bit more then 85hp I'd think (it does on most V8's anyways).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be in the low-13's would be a better goal (cheaper goal anyways haha)

I hear the 5.7 is also underrated slightly. If it could run a 13.2 with minor mods (exhaust, intake, programming, etc) - then I'd be very happy.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Ain't going to happen. Call one of the suporting vendors and they will help you...to get it done right.

Moose.

OttawaSTi said:
To be in the low-13's would be a better goal (cheaper goal anyways haha)

I hear the 5.7 is also underrated slightly. If it could run a 13.2 with minor mods (exhaust, intake, programming, etc) - then I'd be very happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So after some research... looks like a 13.5 could be hit with just those simple mods... but to get into the low 13's it's gonna require some larger mods - or - perhaps a set of slicks? :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is an interesting thread and got me wondering what im gonna get after i do my mods this spring. Last summer i got 14.2 at 100.2 mph with just the jet chip stage 1. Now i gotta wait for the snow to melt and the car is going straight to the garage to install the volant, the long tubes with no cats and the borla 125. After thats said and done i`m gonna try it on the g-tech and when i find some time i`ll take her to the track ... hoping for mid to high 13`s

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HEMI_MAN said:
This is an interesting thread and got me wondering what im gonna get after i do my mods this spring. Last summer i got 14.2 at 100.2 mph with just the jet chip stage 1. Now i gotta wait for the snow to melt and the car is going straight to the garage to install the volant, the long tubes with no cats and the borla 125. After thats said and done i`m gonna try it on the g-tech and when i find some time i`ll take her to the track ... hoping for mid to high 13`s
I see you are in Montreal?
What track did you run at?

·
Registered
254 Posts
OttawaSTi said:
I see you are in Montreal?
What track did you run at?
Hey OttawaSTi, yes i am indeed in montreal and i ran at napierville.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! Hope to see you over the summer at the track sometime.
Napierville is a nice track. We usually head up to Sanair a few times a year... nice drive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hope to see you there as well, i hear alot about sanair and a few of my friends have been but not me, and by the way are you gonna be in montreal for the spring meet in may?? there was a thread about it in the canada section forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts