Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I know a ton of you have subwoofer boxes in the trunk. I currently have a single Kicker L7 12" sealed box powered by a mono 500W RMS Rockford amp in an Escalade which sounds great. Concerned that when I put it in the trunk of my 300c, I'm going to lose a lot of the Bass. Have any of you done mods to the rear deck or behind rear arm rest to vent / allow more bass into the cabin?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
I got mine done up at Cletus' Bass Pro shop and Taxidermy...It fit through my cabin door just fine, no need to modify the doors.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
i had the part behind the center arm rest cut out. got the idea from wes. he has some pics up of his install in the general section. subs also face forward and are sealed off from the trunk.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Take out the stock Sub and cut a hole where it was mounted for a port.

djjasond said:
Hey guys. I know a ton of you have subwoofer boxes in the trunk. I currently have a single Kicker L7 12" sealed box powered by a mono 500W RMS Rockford amp in an Escalade which sounds great. Concerned that when I put it in the trunk of my 300c, I'm going to lose a lot of the Bass. Have any of you done mods to the rear deck or behind rear arm rest to vent / allow more bass into the cabin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
vvv90 said:
I got mine done up at Cletus' Bass Pro shop and Taxidermy...It fit through my cabin door just fine, no need to modify the doors.

That's a good one v...too funny. Hey, what's w/ mounting a 2 pound bass? Where do you live, Alaska?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
jdnc300c said:
That's a good one v...too funny. Hey, what's w/ mounting a 2 pound bass? Where do you live, Alaska?
Naw, google images. ;)

Sorry to hijack djjasond, I just got a little goofy towards the end of the work day.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I have a ligit question. Is bass supposed to enter the cabin? I mean, anything like 10" sub is only going to provide frequencies you can feel no hear.

Or does this act like a port on the box?

I did notice that the center console/cup holder/arm rest folds down but doesn't open to the trunk. Maybe a modification to the rear panel would make a difference. I definitely vote for the over the rear deck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
vvv90 said:
I did notice that the center console/cup holder/arm rest folds down but doesn't open to the trunk. Maybe a modification to the rear panel would make a difference. I definitely vote for the over the rear deck.

i had an upholster shop cut out the part behind the arm rest. i felt better about cutting on that instead of cutting on my rear deck. however, i think a sub firing up into the rear window would get more bass into the cabin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
aspendog said:
Take out the stock Sub and cut a hole where it was mounted for a port.
What do you mean cut a whole where it was mounted? if you remove the sub you are already left with a port unless you mean the carpet on the rear deck.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top