Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
My Moonroof opens and closes all the way but won't "pop" up into the fully closed position when it closes. The rear edge of the moonroof stays down about a half an inch below the sheet metal edge allowing water and air in above the headliner.
I've looked it over and can't see any switches or whatever and it looks like a real pain to access it. Any ideas. I just want it closed to the elements, I can live without it.
Note: Extended warranty issue. When I bought mine I understood it to be a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. I have since found out that I have a 3 year, 100,000 warranty as I now have 55K on it I'm out of luck. I went over all my paperwork and the only mention of an extended warranty was a reference to a MX3100 for $2750. Nothing else anywhere. When I bitched to the dealer "who would be stupid enough to buy just a 3 year warranty for 2750 when the standard warranty is 3 years and 36K miles he looked at me and said--------you! So check your extended warranty I'm really pissed as this smells like its going to be expensive Thanks for all the good info here guys, and Happy New Year!
Mel in California

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found the Calibration procedure thanks to LSCto300C (Will) I will give it a try tomorrow and let you all know-----Been thinking about Preditorizing my SRT a little concerned about smogging problems or accidently frying my motor. I'll read up on the existing posts-----be back at cha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since I'm on the road and not with the 300 I'm not sure if it is the same as the older ones or not. My 94 LHS had the same problem and was told by the dealer that they wouldn't fix it because it was too much work (bought the car used with warranty). Long story short, I got mad, took the car home, repositioned the glass, tighten 4 screws and it was 100%. Try to push the panel up into place when it is closed and if it moves into postion I would check the hardware. I had to have it in the popped up position to tighten the screws. It took less than 5 minutes. The dealer told me the entire headliner then moonroof had to come out be adjusted, put back in, and repeated until they had it figured out. They said it could take days and they wouldn't fix it. Needless to say I never went back to that dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts